Kies, is it wirth it?

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
Hey all. Let me start by saying that I am new to Samsung life (less than a week now) I came from 4 years with HTC. I used HTC Sync for pictures and music storage/managing on said device. I have read up on Kies and see that is is simmiler to HTC Sync with added features.
My question is this. Is it worth using? Keep in mind that I am a rooted user so updates through Kies is not a real seeling point, but is of intrest to me.
Basicaly, I am looking for feed back from those that use it, give me some pro's and con's and for those that hate it, why? Does it interfere with any other PC or ADB processes?
MOD's if this question has a thred, please remove. Thank you for your feedback.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I can honestly say that I've never used Kies. I too am rooted so I have other methods of backing up files.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had so much bad luck with Kies that I gave up on it. As VDub pointed out it is more suited for a nonrooted user.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
Makes sense. It seems like it has some usefull features, but like HTC Sync, for rooted users, you have to work around or uninstall it if you want to do various things. I think I'll pass on it then.