Note 3 Charger Issue

breadmanjp

May 18, 2010
Visit site
When I plug in the charger to the N3, I get the message "use the charger that came with the phone etc..". So I go back to Verizon to see if they can help and the rep tells me it is a known issue and there's nothing they can do about it. Hoping the software update fixes the problem. I ask if they can replace the cord/charger and they say yes, but only with a standard generic charger cable, not the "dual" plug needed for data etc... Is this a standard Verizon response or should they have given me a new Samsung N3 cord/charger? Or what else are people doing to remedy this?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I've personally never heard of this issue but maybe that's because I'm not having that problem.

Have you asked them to try anoter USB 3.0 charger on your phone?

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
If it charges with a standard micro USB then it may be the cable. Reset and see if it happens again. If it does try and find a Samsung cable u can borrow and see if it does it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can still get data on a standard microusb 2 cable, only at slower speeds. Test with a regular microusb 2 cable to see if you can charge. If it works call into Verizon cs. If Verizon won't do it, call Samsung, they should give you the standard cable replacement

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

jmcu

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with 2 OEM chargers, both were doing it. I took out the battery and put it back in and have not gotten the message again.

Posted via Android Central App

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey