S pen not working at all

majormarkd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So it's been a couple of weeks since I've used my S Pen on my Verizon Note 3. I pulled it out tonight to the normal "zip" noise and attempted to use it. Notta. Nothing. Nope.

The screen does not respond to the pen, nor does it respond to the button.

I've tried restarting the phone but now I do not even get the sound denoting the removal or insetting of the SPen... UUUUGGGHHHHHHHHH

Oddly enough the lock screen recognizes the movement (I use the paint splotchy screen with lots of red/yellow/blue/green) of the pen, but it will not respond to any presses or anything. It simply makes drags / waves through the background but nothing else.

The only odd thing I've done since the last time I used the Spen was use the pen on a Surface Pro 2 to select/write things. I've returned the Surface Pro 2 due to a muting problem so I cant do much on that end.

Any thoughts / Ideas???

thanks!

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Double check the S pen settings to make sure it wasn't accidentally turned off.

from my "Note 3" on Tapatalk

majormarkd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Where would the S Pen on/off be? I had double checked the S Pen Detection, Keeper, and other options under the S Pen settings, but there is no "on/off" s-pen option

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Actually I meant checking the settings, which is what you did so that's not the problem. You may have to replace your pen. A trip to Verizon I would imagine. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine so as long as you have one of their equipment protection plans. Still worth a shot. I've also seen them online ranging from $12- $30.

RodZB

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Same problem and symptoms here. However it is not the pen that is the problem, but the phone/screen itself. My S Pen works fine on other Note 3s and the S Pen from other Note 3s also do not work in my Note 3. Finger swipes and taps work fine. I haven't done any updates of late.

Ndrw1883

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Help needed. Note3 Spen suddenly stop working. My Spen works fine with other note3. But the phone does not function with any Spen at all. Is it a software update issue or any apps causing this? Detachment options works fine. Still no Spen detection/ responses. Any updates for this problem?

sho1992

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Did you find any solution to this problem, I am having exactly the same issue. Thanks.

Mate, check if the s pen is disabled. Go to settings, control, s pen. Make sure it's not ticked. If this still doesn't work then move over to air command and make sure that air command is turned on. Mine worked this way

bigrob3375

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I loaded the latest software update on my note 3. Since I've done so my s pen when I try n screenshot and also if I wanna use the feature that let's you hold button down on pen and draw around what you want to save our share. Neither now is able to be done since the update. In order to do now I have to bring up the half circle option thing

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Double check the S pen settings to make sure it wasn't accidentally turned off.

Correct ~ I found after the Lollipop update that my S Pen settings were turned OFF.
Turn ON Air Command!
Turned things back on ~ problem solved!!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"

isurunk

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Same problem and symptoms here. However it is not the pen that is the problem, but the phone/screen itself. My S Pen works fine on other Note 3s and the S Pen from other Note 3s also do not work in my Note 3. Finger swipes and taps work fine. I haven't done any updates of late.

were you able to fix the issue. i have the same issue right now with my note4

Cupofcoffeetime

Oct 13, 2018
Visit site
Hi My s pen doesn't draw. My phone reconizes all the s pen features and can use the pen to make selections though if I use my finger to draw then try to use the pen, the pen deleates the drawing touched by pen. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12