Note 3: Phone dialer that does not use stock dialer

osroubek

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone could explain so many of the available phone dialers need to use the stock dialer to start a phone call, or for that matter answer the call. I have tried numerous ones, and while the interface is very nice with many choices and customization, the moment you place a call the phone asks if I want to use the stock phone dialer or Skype. Any dialers that stay within the dialer app and NOT use the stock dialer for calling and receiving? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone dialer that does not use stock dialer

Can't you set the new dialer to be default and be done with it?

sent from tapatalk....probably while pooping.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I use exdialer as well and once you install it, it should ask you the next time you go to make a call whether you want to use ex or the stock one. Same with contacts the first time you go to add or change a contact it will ask if you want to use ex or stock.

mkstvns

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Because Samsung, in its desperation, wants you to use its own version of everything rather than the perfectly good options that ship with the OS straight from Google.

I've got a Note 3 right now (upgraded to Lollipop), which I've borrowed from a friend so that I can decide if I want a Galaxy S6.

The experience has turned me right off Samsung. At this point, I'll be looking at the G4 instead.