Verizon Note 3: No USB after 4.3 update.

dkwannabe

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I bought the note 3 week of launch in October. December I bought the Samsung smart dock. HDMI, audio & all 3 usb ports worked flawlessly. I could use a flash drive, wireless mouse dongle or anything else. I hadn't used the dock in a few weeks but decided to yesterday & to my dismay none, ZERO of the USB ports work. HDMI & sound still fine but nothing for the USB ports. I've had 2 OTA updates since I've had the phone. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Is there a solution?

Thank

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(7820633)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: No USB after 4.3 update.

I bought the note 3 week of launch in October. December I bought the Samsung smart dock. HDMI, audio & all 3 usb ports worked flawlessly. I could use a flash drive, wireless mouse dongle or anything else. I hadn't used the dock in a few weeks but decided to yesterday & to my dismay none, ZERO of the USB ports work. HDMI & sound still fine but nothing for the USB ports. I've had 2 OTA updates since I've had the phone. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Is there a solution?

Thank

Try enabling it in settings. It might have been disabled accidentally.

dkwannabe

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

I'm not seeing any option to re-enable usb. Can someone please help me out.

Posted via Android Central App

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

delete please

Attachments

• USB.JPG
    USB.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

dkwannabe

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

I don't have a PC. The usb ports on the Samsung Smart Dock are the USB ports I'm talking about. Nothing with a computer....

Posted via Android Central App

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Sorry...didnt read thoroughly

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

christobal

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

I am also having a hard time getting audio out of the USB charging port using my car dock. It worked after I enabled it when I bought the phone in November, but now it doesn't and I can't find anything in settings for it. :(

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

Have you did a soft reset and cleared the cache since the update. After an update it is always a good idead to wipe the cache. It will not hurt the phone at all.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

christobal

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Hmmmm. I have not heard of "clearing the cache" on a phone before. Any quick instructions on how to do that? It's odd that there USED to be a setting for USB audio, but I cant find it anymore.

christobal

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Still stuck. I have tried every search string I can think of, but there is no mention of this I can find whatsoever. I have an iBolt dock that has one cable that splits the USB port into two, a USB that goes into a charger and a stereo 1/8" plug. Audio USED to come out of the 1/8", but mysteriously wont any more and I can no longer find the setting for enabling the USB audio anywhere on the phone.

pegleg96

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the I-Bolt dock and to get audio out of the USB port you have to go into settings. Scroll down to System, select Accessory, and check off Audio Output Mode-use external speakers when phone is docked. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-T310 using AC Forums mobile app