VZW Note 3 Headphone Issue

PConly11

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi all -

I've encountered some issues with my Note 3 and listening to Google Play music with my headphones. This issue happens to me on a pair of Samsung headphones and a pair of Solo Beats. The music quality is very, very soft. Even when the volume is turned all the way up it seems very faint. Then at random times something kicks in and the music starts blaring, to the point where I have to take my headphones on in a panic. Extremely frustrating and has probably made me look foolish on the subway dozens of times.

I honestly only use Google Play music so idk if it's an issue with that, my headphone jack, or what......

Any ideas as to why this could be happening?

Thanks for any help in advance.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Interesting problem, I have never encountered it but it would be interesting to see if others have.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I noticed this problem too, and I think it's a problem with google play music. I noticed it last week while listening to headphones at work. a song would come on, but the sound would be so faint I thought the music had stopped. If I paused the music, and hit play, it would start back fine. It seemed to only happen with music that I once had on my sd card (which is not installed on my new note 3). I switched to a radio station, and everything plays fine, with no variation in loudness.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you guys tried a different music player?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I don't have music physically on my phone, and haven't wanted to dl another streaming app. Especially since the issue went away once i switched the music playlist I was listening to. I work again tonight, and will more than likely be listening to headphones for 8+ hours. I'll chime back in in the morning with results.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just tried All of my Streaming music apps (Pandora, MilkMusic, Slacker and Google Play) along with my SD card music (approx 1800 songs, but I didn't try ALL songs), and didn't experience any problems. I'm using BOSE OC15 headphones, BOSE EarBuds and LG Bluetooth 730Tone+ EarBuds. I'm thinking it might be the GogglePlay app. Is there a way to delete and reinstall?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
, if its an issue with the app itself it wouldnt make a difference to uninstall and reinstall

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I tend to agree with the others. Maybe you should try a different streaming app. Hopefully it's just a signal issue and not the headphone jack itself.

from "Ms Note 3" on Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the equalizer on? Mine is off and I don't have this issue.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1395245277738.jpg
    1395245277738.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 1395245285761.jpg
    1395245285761.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 17

PConly11

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Almeuit -

Thanks. You nailed it. Haven't had the problem since turning that off. I must have tried to get too fancy.

Appreciate all of your input.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Almeuit -

Thanks. You nailed it. Haven't had the problem since turning that off. I must have tried to get too fancy.

Appreciate all of your input.

Glad it is working again for you! :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So I got to work an plugged my headphones in, started Google music and turned the equalizer back on (turned it off Tuesday to play around with a bluetooth peripheral I just bought) and the volume bug was still present. Turned the equalizer off and it played normally. Turned it back on and it still plays normally...

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon