Relative newbie with Galaxy Note 3 problems!

mattjbv

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Dear Abby,

A user in the GN3 Forum suggested I post a hello here and summarize my problem and assured me that the moderators here were brilliant and helpful. I apologize if this is not the right place.

I'm super disappointed with this phone! I love 99% of everything about this phone, but the radio and GPS just stink (for me at least). I bought it from Verizon the day it came out and paid full price. The radio is so bad that on at least half of my calls either i can't hear the person i'm talking to, they cant hear me or both. And when I use GPS, i get about 10 "GPS signal lost" messages on every trip I use it on. I've missed exits and meetings and had many important calls drop. I really really want to love this phone but phone calls and GPS are two of the most important functions. If anyone has ideas I'm all ears. Bummed about it and all I get from Verizon is the usual "not known issues...try a factory reset and then replace the SIM card" stuff; neither of which, as far as I can tell, have really worked for anyone.

Signed,
Down in Denver

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Dear Abby,

A user in the GN3 Forum suggested I post a hello here and summarize my problem and assured me that the moderators here were brilliant and helpful. I apologize if this is not the right place.

I'm super disappointed with this phone! I love 99% of everything about this phone, but the radio and GPS just stink (for me at least). I bought it from Verizon the day it came out and paid full price. The radio is so bad that on at least half of my calls either i can't hear the person i'm talking to, they cant hear me or both. And when I use GPS, i get about 10 "GPS signal lost" messages on every trip I use it on. I've missed exits and meetings and had many important calls drop. I really really want to love this phone but phone calls and GPS are two of the most important functions. If anyone has ideas I'm all ears. Bummed about it and all I get from Verizon is the usual "not known issues...try a factory reset and then replace the SIM card" stuff; neither of which, as far as I can tell, have really worked for anyone.

Signed,
Down in Denver
'Twas me. Your post is good here also, but I'm sorry I gave you a bum steer slightly. I corrected my post to you shortly after.
I meant Introductions in Android Central Community. Central Lounge here, also in Central Community, is for non Android general topics.
Introductions get noticed quicker by Moderators who are highly knowledgeable and helpful volunteers recruited based on their level of postings.
You can copy this into Introductions if you like. have a look how others just say hi and who answers.
You can also start a thread (query) of your own in the Note 3 forum. I would try Introductions first on this.
If you ever want to delete your own thread, highlight it and click Report and request it to be removed with a reason.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Dear Abby,

Signed,
Down in Denver

Ok, how long have you had the phone? It may be possible you got a device with bad radios. Is an exchange possible?

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree here with Golfdriver, it's probably a bad device. I'd suggest calling and seeing if you can get a replacement. It's potential that you had some sort of glitch in the installation or there was some sort of code error that happened in the radio drivers and such, but that's what a factory reset takes care of. They are the first line of defense from Verizon's troubleshooters and in the end, it's sometimes their only thought of anything at all. VZW's play book is, Having a problem? Are you on the latest software? Install the latest if not installed. Then, if it's the latest, do a restart. If that didn't fix it, do a factory reset, if that doesn't fix it, we're all out of ideas.

So, for them, just let them know you have done the factory reset, you're certain your on the latest software and you've done everything you've been told and everything you can think of, they should let you swap it out under warranty.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok, how long have you had the phone? It may be possible you got a device with bad radios. Is an exchange possible?

I paste his original post below from the thread "Love or Hate your Note 3" on the main Note 3 forum he posted in the last 2 days. He paid full price on launch day! I gave him wrong directions so he also posted his story in Central Lounge rather than Introductions. You copied it here. I should stay out after this.
Thanks. :
-----------
"Super disappointed. I love 99% of everything about this phone, but the radio and GPS just stink. I bought it from Verizon the day it came out and paid full price. The radio is so bad that on at least half of my calls either i can't hear the person i'm talking to, they cant hear me or both. And when I use GPS, i get about 10 "GPS signal lost" messages on every trip I use it on. I want to love this phone but phone calls and GPS are two of the most important functions. If anyone has ideas I'm all ears. Bummed about it."
------------------
He copied the same again here. He had then 2/3 posts in a few months.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I paste his original post below from the thread "Love or Hate your Note 3" on the main Note 3 forum he posted in the last 2 days. He paid full price on launch day! I gave him wrong directions so he also posted his story in Central Lounge rather than Introductions. You copied it here. I should stay out after this.
Thanks. :
-----------
"Super disappointed. I love 99% of everything about this phone, but the radio and GPS just stink. I bought it from Verizon the day it came out and paid full price. The radio is so bad that on at least half of my calls either i can't hear the person i'm talking to, they cant hear me or both. And when I use GPS, i get about 10 "GPS signal lost" messages on every trip I use it on. I want to love this phone but phone calls and GPS are two of the most important functions. If anyone has ideas I'm all ears. Bummed about it."
------------------
He copied the same again here. He had then 2/3 posts in a few months.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

I skipped over the launch day part when I read it last night. 4 hours of sleep doesn't help the whole reading thing...

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely. It was 4 am for me. Long story. I hope he gets back. I didn't reply again in the original post. My reply to him here didn't help. Ah well.

*My exclamation mark was not back at you also. Just he has had these issues since launch day! with no satisfaction.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If the phone is less than a year old it should still be covered for manufactureres defect, right? Have you had it longer than a year? Do yo have insurance? If any of these apply I would return the phone...if not you could try a factory data reset and see if that helps along with gps calibration if available. Good luck...oh maybe an app killer could affect these...if you have an app killer app or one that includes one running in it that could kill some things running...also ad blockers can do this if installed on anything...It sounds like a defective radio tho, I was just throwing those other things out there in case you are out of warranty.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Just a note (pun intended), all of our phones are still under warranty, Knox tripping or rooting excepted.

Posted via Android Central App

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
A new SIM card could help. If you get a replacement do get a new SIM card.
Its recommended to get a new SIM with each device.

Posted from my awesome Note3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781