Clicking noises when audio is low

Lucky815

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey, there. Brand new to the forum and looking for some help. So my Note 3 is great, but there is one problem I've been having... I listen to a lot of music on PowerAmp, and I've noticed that when a song is quiet or right after I pause it, there's some weird clicking noises. They mostly show up when I hit the home key or do any scrolling. Has anyone seen this problem before? I'm hoping Kitkat fixes it. It's not a headphone problem, although using headphones with higher impedance lessens the problem. I've tried multiple music players, and they all evince the problem?some more than others. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it all audio or just music? Also, are you streaming or is this stored music? Try a YouTube video and see if clicking persists outside of your music apps. I have a note on ATT and Verizon and listen to music all day and I have an occasional hick up with audio.

ATT N3

Lucky815

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
It's all audio. I've noticed a heightened amount of audio hiss with YouTube. PowerAmp does a decent job with cutting that down. But it is annoying when I do any sort of navigation when a song is soft, and I hear the clicking.

Lucky815

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
The hissing is still somewhat bothersome, but I can usually tune it out. I hear that Samsung boosts the gain on the phone to allow for louder volume. I haven't turned on adapt sound; I hear it messes with the audio big time. I'm really hoping kitkat helps.

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You might try to turn off all antennas. Bt, data, wifi, gps, turn all of them off and play something. See if it goes away. Might be able to narrow it down to a hardware issue and if so, you might return it for warranty. Hissing may not go away but the clicking is caused by something.

ATT N3

Lucky815

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Nah. I already returned it for a replacement. It seems like the issue affects all Note 3s from Verizon. I'm just hoping kitkat helps. If anyone can think of any other solutions, let me know. I wish I could turn down the gain for the entire device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers