At&t Galaxy note 3 & Galaxy Gear & Tab 2 10.1

Last edited by a moderator:

jeremy81

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon may be skipping Kit Kat on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

No kit kat

That's not what the blog says if you read it fully. The have a misleading title to a paragraph in there and if you read it completely its pretty clear that they don't know what they are talking about. Also, this site issues almost the same articles literally every day.

Last edited:

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

It would seem strange considering that the N3 is receiving the update with other carriers.
I do not recall updates being excluded based on carrier but more based on model.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Misleading thread title. Mods should delete.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

VZW has been known to skip incremental updates like instead of giving us the seemingly "buggy" 4.4.2 they will wait til 4.4.3...but until I hear official word I would ignore this post...

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Wouldn't be surprising to wait for 4.4.3 seeing how buggy 4.4.2 is on note 3 models. I still think Verizon will push 4.4.2 to the note line though.

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry, your avatar just distracts me...

LET'S GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

No kit kat - per gottabemobile.com

That site is one of the worst click bait traps. Best to ignore anything they post.

I second the vote for mods to delete this post.

please back away from the screen

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I just got a pop up message on my Note 3 that KitKat blocked my SD card. Apparently the upgrades are happening silently because I never got any notification ahead of time. My About Phone now says 4.3 instead of 4.1.2.

Time to hit the threads that will help me be able to use my SD card again. I am not happy if this is the case. :(

Deb from my Note 3

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

4.3 is jelly bean not kit kat. Kit kat is 4.4.2. With kit kat and the sd cards, it has changed how the permissions are used on apps. As I understand it, permissions can only work with the app they are associated with and they can not tap into any other app to snoop around. FYI if you have movies on google play you can download them to the sd card for offline viewing so it will free up your internal memory. On my 12.2 note pro, kit kat is really nice, My note 3 that I just got two days ago is running 4.3 jelly bean. FYI I moved some movies, photos and doc from my mac laptop to a usb thumb drive and then plugged the thumbdrive into the note 3 and the 12.2 using a micro plug to OTG. Everything worked great for viewing or moving to the device itself. That is great for me because I was getting really ticked off with the apps etc not moving to the sd card from the device such as my kindle app, movies etc. Don't know why the kindle app can't be moved to sd card, I could do it before but now the move to sd card option is grayed out.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

4.3 is displayed in About Phone. The message said something about KitKat having disabled my SD card.

Deb from my Note 3

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

4.3 is displayed in About Phone. The message said something about KitKat having disabled my SD card.

Deb from my Note 3

KitKat is 4.4 so you must be having some other issue.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

That's not the only "issue" seems my Tapatalk isn't working right anymore either. I can't get to my favorite forums - used to pop up by default - not able to find it in the settings. Can't subscribe or unsubscribe to posts either. Can't get around in it like I used to, stuff's missing and I miss my Tapatalk! Ugh.

I wish I could have thoroughly read the msg that popped up ref KitKat but as I turned my phone to "upright" the message disappeared. I only caught that KitKat disabled my SD card. Although so far I think the SD card is still working? What's a good test to find out?

lovecars

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like a virus or some other malware on your phone. Check what you installed lately before you started having problems.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I would pay vzw 50 bucks NOT to push Kitkat to my phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I would pay vzw 50 bucks NOT to push Kitkat to my phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Maybe if you add a whole bunch of zeros after the number 5 they might consider it. ;)

Deb from my Note 3

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like a virus or some other malware on your phone. Check what you installed lately before you started having problems.

Well, I found out that the problem with Tapatalk is that it logged me out when I rebooted my phone. I logged in again and its fine. The message has not appeared again so I guess for now unless I have any more problems or it shows up again I'm going to chalk it up as a glitch are figment of my paranoid imagination. So far my sd card does not seem to have been affected at all.

Deb from my Note 3

bihjack216

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

I just got a pop up message on my Note 3 that KitKat blocked my SD card. Apparently the upgrades are happening silently because I never got any notification ahead of time. My About Phone now says 4.3 instead of 4.1.2.

Time to hit the threads that will help me be able to use my SD card again. I am not happy if this is the case. :(

Deb from my Note 3

The note 3 shipped with 4.3 no way you had 4.1.2

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08