Nova launcher slowing down phone?

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious to see if anyone using Nova launcher on their Note 3 is experiencing any lag. I love Nova but sometimes I feel it slows things down when moving from 1 app to another. Lock screen lag seems to be increasing. I don't have any good examples, but maybe some of you do (or better yet, don't) I don't really like TouchWiz so I'll be sticking with Nova regardless. Thanks all.

Posted via Android Central App

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
That's odd. Nova Launcher shouldn't be slowing down the phone. Have you tried a reboot? If that doesn't help then I recommend that you clear the cache partition. It will not delete any of your personal data.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I've used Nova for a long time on multiple devices, haven't had one problem tied to the app. Neon's advice is spot on and should take care of you.

CrashPush

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Nova Launcher isn't slowing my phone down at all. It's been running without any issue since I installed it over a week ago.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's been fine for me although I unlocked developer options and shut off the menu animations.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Try to clear cache.

Try to run touchwiz for a little bit to see if you still have the lag. You can also backup Nova settings and clear cache and data on Nova

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Nova on my Moto X and I do notice some lag sometimes. Not too bad though, I love Nova.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I cleared cache, and played with animation settings. Seems to look pretty speedy! Thankfully cause I can't live without Nova!

Posted via Android Central App