Note 3: How to get YouTube into the pop up window?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
On my Note 2 when I would click a link that is supposed to open a YouTube video a small window would pop up with my 3 browsers and the YouTube app in them and then on the bottom there was the option to select once or always. Or something like that. I could select a browser or the YouTube app.

I don't have that on my Note 3. All that pops up are my browsers. Does anyone know how to get YouTube into this popup window? I do not see an option to do this in the YouTube settings.

Deb from my Note 3

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to get YouTube into the pop up window?

On my Note 2 when I would click a link that is supposed to open a YouTube video a small window would pop up with my 3 browsers and the YouTube app in them and then on the bottom there was the option to select once or always. Or something like that. I could select a browser or the YouTube app.

I don't have that on my Note 3. All that pops up are my browsers. Does anyone know how to get YouTube into this popup window? I do not see an option to do this in the YouTube settings.

Deb from my Note 3

You may have hit 'always' once for something and that choice is being interpreted for YouTube videos. Go into Settings>Apps or Applications Manager>Menu>click reset app preferences. This will clear all of them, so it might be a pain for other things you set for default, but this should get that window to pop back up.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I do not have a Menu option where you pointed me to. I did look at the YouTube app there and cleared the cache but there didn't seem to be an option in there to accomplish what you mentioned.

Deb from my Note 3

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

I use supertube to be able to watch YouTube while doing else on my phone. Plus I can just listen to the audio if I want too.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I like YouTube just fine. I'm not looking for an alternative just to make it pop up in that window

Deb from my Note 3

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Hey Deb what was suggested still might be the solution though where you were directed was muddling.
Try long pressing the home key > task manager > clear defaults menu and clear: youtube along with any browsers. It won't hurt anything and could be the solution. Give it try.... Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Wow, I didn't know this Task Mgr was there, cool, thanks. Unfortunately the only items in Clear Defaults are Media Storage, Contacts and Touchwiz Home.

Deb from my Note 3

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

And now I've cleared the Media without meaning to. So how do I get that back in this task manager? I already tried to reboot and that did not put it back.

Deb from my Note 3

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Try this way... From your home screen, Menu, System settings, Application manager, swipe left to ALL apps, scroll all the way down to YouTube app. Scroll down a bit, you should see a 'Clear defaults' button.

Hopefully this works

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

I know you can put YouTube in a pen Window using the s pen.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I do not have a Menu option where you pointed me to. I did look at the YouTube app there and cleared the cache but there didn't seem to be an option in there to accomplish what you mentioned.

Deb from my Note 3

Menu being the button next to the home key.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

What button are you referring to? The clear default is grayed out so it won't do any good to press it.

Deb from my Note 3

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

What button are you referring to? The clear default is grayed out so it won't do any good to press it.

Deb from my Note 3

The button I focused in on. When you go into settings, the gear icon, and then Application Manager, then when you see your apps in a list you hit that button and then click reset app preferences.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

Attachments

• 1397100232073.jpg
    1397100232073.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 1397100243663.jpg
    1397100243663.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 74

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I have not tried that yet. When someone else posted on a possible fix that would not require me to reset *everything* I wanted to try that first. What would pressing Clear Data do? I already tried clear cache.

Deb from my Note 3

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I have not tried that yet. When someone else posted on a possible fix that would not require me to reset *everything* I wanted to try that first. What would pressing Clear Data just in the YouTube app do? I already tried clear cache.

Deb from my Note 3

Deb from my Note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Try going to the YouTube app on the app store. Uninstall then reinstall the updates.. Then try again and see what happens.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1397102412207.jpg
    1397102412207.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 29

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

I have that option but it always shows up even after I click on Always.

Sent from my Anthem filled Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca