What happened to my personal dictionary?

Note4 newbie

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Having same issue s5, will only let me delete words while I'm in Google. It is a Google phone, so it must be stored in Google somewhere maybe the cloud, can't delete words anywhere else. Type misspelled word, when it comes up in the suggestion press and long hold then it comes up but only while I'm on Google search, no other apps. Just goes grey on those.

Anyone have an idea on to even access the user dictionary on Samsung note 4?

crayon4x4

May 22, 2016
Visit site
think i can help my phone started doing this i got round it by typing the word in then holding the word in the choice bar till the option box to remove from directory came up, click yes to remove and it now seems to remember that word again

anon(10360316)

Nov 19, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your post. I have the s5.
1. How I can see a list of all the words I've added to my personal dictionary?
2. How do I edit the list?

At times I type words incorrectly, but auto correct doesn't catch it. So it saves the word and adds it to my dictionary.

Example :
I want the word: "because"
But end up with: "becuase"

HOW DOES IT NOT CATCH THAT ALL THE RIGHT LETTERS WERE THERE it just has 2 letters flipped?!?!

Now I have a bunch of words that I somehow saved that need to be deleted. I see then pop up all the time when I'm texting and delete it when I see one. (Long hold/delete from dictionary)

Its a long process becuase I'll never be able to delete them individually like that- and I just don't want to delete ALL the the words that I've added to my dictionary with that Keyboard>Predictive Text>Clear Personal Data option.

* see attached pics

Attachments

• 2017-11-19 02.21.06.jpg
    2017-11-19 02.21.06.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 2017-11-19 02.22.59.jpg
    2017-11-19 02.22.59.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 2