Going out of country, need advice about connecting Note 3.

astroprojector

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have Note 3. It is rooted, unlocked and has RegionLock Away installed. I am going to Israel and Italy and was wondering if it is possible to replace the sim card and use the phone in those countries.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a rooted phone, but my Note 3 is unlocked. I've used it in both Israel and Italy. There are 2 ways to use it with a local SIM.

One is to replace the SIM with a local SIM card that has both voice and data service. The other is to get ONLY data. I've done this in Italy using the 3G Store's SIM card. I purchased 2GB data coverage and used it thoughout northern Italy. All you have to do is use Skype, or another such app, to make phone calls. The 2GB plan I purchased cost 8 Euro. I had all the data I needed for 2 weeks, plus made phone calls to anywhere with Skype.

In Israel, I purchased a voice and data plan, but can't remember who I purchased it from, but it was very inexpensive in Israel.

bert

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is factory sim unlocked and quad band gsm so it should work anywhere gsm is available.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae