anyone switch from note 3 to s5

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't, because I'm assuming you chose the Note 3 for a reason. Does the S5 have the same feature/s?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I wouldnt, because I like having a note phone.. I use the spen enough to justify keeping it..

I posted this on another thread, but basically at this point when the new S phone comes out, like the S5, its kind of preview for us note lovers.. the s4 was kind of a preview for the note3, just like hopefully the s5 gives us an idea of the note4 features...

So its not that it makes me want an s5, it gets me to thinking about the note4.

Posted via Android Central App

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I'm EXTREMELY HAPPY with my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note3....AWESOME device. The Screen size and S-Pen is enough, not to mention everything else to satisfy my needs and wants in a mobile device. Now the Note4 would be a different thing....SMILE:D

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I stopped by my Verizon store to take a look at the new S5.
It seemed a little snappier but other than that, I was not impressed. I'll stick with my N3!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I stopped by my Verizon store to take a look at the new S5.
It seemed a little snappier but other than that, I was not impressed. I'll stick with my N3!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

I think they're all a little snappier when they're brand new because they don't have all the additional apps that people put on them after they purchase.

Deb from my Note 3

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I love my Note 3 but I actually was looking forward to the slightly smaller S5 but it doesn't have anything really new AND I don't want to trade 3G of RAM for 2. I'll just keep missing one-handed operation.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I picked up an S5 on Friday and I'm back to my Note 3. This is my 2nd Note 3. I sold m first one a while ago and regretted it ever since. Anyway, I tried the S5 for the weekend, went back to the Note 3 Sunday night. Tried the S5 again yesterday, this time putting the Note 3 in a drawer so it was out of my site. Ended up switching back to the Note 3 today.

I really like the size and feel of the S5, and the flatter look of TouchWiz appeals to me. But it stutters somewhat and that drives me nuts in a phone. So i'm probably 80/20 right now, with the 80% on the side of the Note 3.

I guess they are just too much alike, and the Note 3 adds features you just can't get on the S5, so I'm sticking with the Note 3.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I love my Note 3 but I actually was looking forward to the slightly smaller S5 but it doesn't have anything really new AND I don't want to trade 3G of RAM for 2. I'll just keep missing one-handed operation.

Have you tried using the one handed operation on the note 3?

Posted via Android Central App

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The camera is worth it. I'm thinking about it but need a 32G model.

Edit: Tried an S5.

1. Camera is good, but the jumbled up UI is a showstopper. It's one big grid of WTF. Not something I can personally deal with. I prefer the Note 3/S4 software.

2. Putting my magazine to the left of the home screen is a showstopper. I can already see myself opening it several times a day by accident. I didn't check bit can it be turned off.

3. UI looks not much different but I like TW so that's good.

4. Not much faster in real world operation than the Note. If at all.

5. I do prefer the back of the S5 to the Note.

6. Not sure I can stand going back to a screen that small but I suppose if you use your phone one handed a lot that can be an Improvement over the Note. The screen on the S5 is impressive but not really a massive improvement.

I think the fact that I have gotten so used to bigger phones and the S following the Note so closely has made it hard to ever justifying the S moving forward.

It's a weaker phone from a productivity standpoint and the next Note almost always improves on it more than the S tends to improve on the Note.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Looks like most of us are on the same page.
S5 does not appear to be a significant improvement over the N3.
Not to mention screen size.....hard to go backward.

mk_dan

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Only real "upgrades" are the water/dust resistance ratings and the camera. I've considered this change myself, but as someone has said already, you probably have the Note for a reason.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app