Verizon PREPAID now sells the 3G-only Note 3 for $899. ($200 more than full retail for postpaid)

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Verizon PREPAID now sells the 3G-only Note 3 for $899. ($200 more than full retail for postpaid)

What's going on here? I don't get it... is this a joke? The postpaid version is 4G.

Who is going to buy the prepaid version on Verizon?

Verizon Wireless Prepaid Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 NoContract Cell Phone N9000 VERIZON BLK - Best Buy

tHzUjzX.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

What's going on here? I don't get it... is this a joke? The postpaid version is 4G.

Who is going to buy the prepaid version on Verizon?

Verizon Wireless Prepaid Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 NoContract Cell Phone N9000 VERIZON BLK - Best Buy

http://i.imgur.com/tHzUjzX.jpg

There is no 4GLTE or 4GLTE smartphones on Verizon prepaid.

If it works on prepaid, it might work on pageplus which is great for some people who have very low cost monthly plans. PagePlus has a $12 monthly plan and you can choose pay as you go plan as well. So on these plans, you are stuck with low end devices. But now you can get a note 3, which is an option. Though most prepaid are willing to use lower cost devices, this is an option for some who want high end device

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
There is no 4GLTE or 4GLTE smartphones on Verizon prepaid.

If it works on prepaid, it might work on pageplus which is great for some people who have very low cost monthly plans. PagePlus has a $12 monthly plan and you can choose pay as you go plan as well. So on these plans, you are stuck with low end devices. But now you can get a note 3, which is an option. Though most prepaid are willing to use lower cost devices, this is an option for some who want high end device

I'm forced to conclude that Verizon wants people to use AT&T instead.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm forced to conclude that Verizon wants people to use AT&T instead.

It also offers the Exynos processor that some people want. AFAIK, all other us spec Note 3 are snapdragon 800.

Verizon doesn't really push prepaid so it isn't surprising. It also isn't sold at Verizon directly either. Also, it is $100 over the best buy Note 3 retail price, not $200.

Best Buy does sell retail at $100 more than Verizon but that is different story

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The white one is $22 more than Verizon post paid. For some reason only the white one is on sale at $822

u3ase8ed.jpg

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
The white one is $22 more than Verizon post paid. For some reason only the white one is on sale at $822

Best Buy is weird like that.... When I got my Verizon Note 3, it was only $99($149 sale price - $50 gift card for pre-registered customers). However, the sale was only for the white one as well. I really wanted the dark one, but it was another $99, so I settled on the white. Once I put on the Otterbox case, the was no big difference anyway. :) The Best Buy employee told me that white phones never sell well, so they go on sale more often. I really find it hard to believe....

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy is weird like that.... When I got my Verizon Note 3, it was only $99($149 sale price - $50 gift card for pre-registered customers). However, the sale was only for the white one as well. I really wanted the dark one, but it was another $99, so I settled on the white. Once I put on the Otterbox case, the was no big difference anyway. :) The Best Buy employee told me that white phones never sell well, so they go on sale more often. I really find it hard to believe....

When I got my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II over a year ago, I price matched Sam's Club who had the dark one for $99 . they wouldn't sell me white one for the same price. Actually they messed up and sold it to me for $37 but that is another story.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Btw, it looks like a number of phones not just the note 3

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Seems to me the phone should cost less if its on a lesser network. This just doesn't make any common sense at all.

Deb from my Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair