Any known issues with the Note 3?

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaving the country for a year, but I'm eligible for an upgrade; because it'll be a pain in the *** to ship it back to the states for Verizon to fix, I'm looking for one that's fairly reliable. I'm leaning towards getting a Note 3, but I just wanted to see if there were any common known issues/quirks with the phone. No device is 100% perfect, but some issues are more of a red flag than others.

My mother has a Note 2 and loves it--but, it tends to freeze up fairly often (e.g., she'll be using the camera app, and it'll stop working; she'll be on facebook, but not able to upload anything; she'll be writing a note, and it'll freeze up; information randomly disappears, etc--not all the time, but enough that it's headache-inducing). Because she stubbornly refused to get it fixed, I'm not sure if that's a fairly common theme with Samsung phones, or if she just got a serious lemon. My Nexus 7 tablet is prone to freezing up too, but my Droid DNA phone is *incredibly* reliable in that area--after over a year, it's still just as fast and never has any hiccups with speed or malfunctioning apps. However, it has crappy SIM and GPS issues that make me want to pull my hair out. Especially because I'll be in a foreign country where I don't speak the language, I absolutely *need* reliable SIM/GPS.

If you can think of anything, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks!

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
No hardware issues with the GPS or SIM that I've seen/heard. My Note 3 locks in a GPS signal pretty quickly, and is solid. I was in IRE for a couple weeks, and it worked very very well.

There are pockets of users with issues of wifi instability on only some routers, but this hasn't been totally cleared up yet, and is pretty isolated.

Overall, my Note 3 has been pretty solid. Especially for a plastic Sammy phone.

Good luck whichever way you go. Stay safe.

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No issues here with Verizon N3 and Att N3. I would recommend only using Samsung sd card if you want reliable use of storage. Stay with JB 4.3. Kit kat on my Att N3 has just recently started working correctly after factory reset. Hardware wise, it's pretty solid all the way around and 4.3 is very stable.

Posted via Android Central App