Direct Dial Widget

Sefa Volon

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
When I enable Direct Dial widget at least for one contact, i lose ability to place calls using regular Phone app. I get "International number you are attempting to dial is not allowed from this line"
as soon as I delete that widget, I can use Phone app. I dial local numbers.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Is it a widget or a shortcut you are setting up...try setting up a short cut instead and maybe try a playstore contact widget and see if the same thing happens...Did you try a battery pull and a restart after installing widget...I have never had this issue with shortcut for contact or widget. I f it continues you will have to contact your carrier, I would think. They will probably suggest the dreaded factory data reset so you may as well try that if all else fails...good luck and maybe someone else will chime in.

Sefa Volon

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
thank you for your reply and wishing me luck. i've tried it all: restarting the phone, pulling the sim card out, contacting the carrier - nothing has helped. the phone is new - i just got it and set it up, it has barely anything on it. this is a widget that i'm tapping/holding and moving to my main screens.
hopefully someone has a solution for this.
thanks again,

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If you don't get a solution take it back before 14 days and insist on New phone not a refurb...I have not heard this happening...hopefully someone can help...but don't wait to long.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps a different launcher might be successful where the stock one fails. I would suggest Nova. You can find it in Play. I would download it, test the same thing, and if it works, you will have to set the phone up again. If not, uninstall Nova, and you have only lost out on the 10 minutes to test it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan