Unable to save file to SD card???

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So I haven't updated to kit kat. My note 3 is stock. This morning my daughters S4 took the update and she isn't having any issues but all of a sudden when I take a picture I'm getting a message that it's unable to be saved to my SD card and is on my phone memory instead?! I've got a big SD card with plenty of room??? I went into camera settings and changed it back to save pics to my SD card but it gave me the same message again once I took a picture. Any ideas??

sent from my Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What camera app is she using? The stock app should be able to do it.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
What camera app is she using? The stock app should be able to do it.

Yes I'm using the stock camera app. It's my note 3 that all of a sudden is having issues with saving my pics on my SD cards

sent from my Note 3

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if you're having an issue with the S4 (KitKat) or the Note 3 (v4.3).

You may want to take the SD card out and put it in a reader on a desktop or laptop. I, as many others, have had issues with SD card corruption. Check the folder names and make sure they don't have any funky characters in them. I went thru 4 or 5 different SD cards before I finally found one that didn't corrupt (at least not yet).

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if you're having an issue with the S4 (KitKat) or the Note 3 (v4.3).

You may want to take the SD card out and put it in a reader on a desktop or laptop. I, as many others, have had issues with SD card corruption. Check the folder names and make sure they don't have any funky characters in them. I went thru 4 or 5 different SD cards before I finally found one that didn't corrupt (at least not yet).

Having the issue with the note 3. Don't get why all of a sudden the SD card can't save photo files to it. I've got 21gb available on it.

sent from my Note 3

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Having the issue with the note 3. Don't get why all of a sudden the SD card can't save photo files to it. I've got 21gb available on it.

sent from my Note 3

What exactly would I be looking for with a corrupt file? The name?

sent from my Note 3

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Also where on my note 3 can I see file names that are on my SD card? I'm only seeing an option to unmount it?

sent from my Note 3

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Use the my files app

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

maxie248

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
So I haven't updated to kit kat. My note 3 is stock. This morning my daughters S4 took the update and she isn't having any issues but all of a sudden when I take a picture I'm getting a message that it's unable to be saved to my SD card and is on my phone memory instead?! I've got a big SD card with plenty of room??? I went into camera settings and changed it back to save pics to my SD card but it gave me the same message again once I took a picture. Any ideas??

sent from my Note 3

Vikas Dhar

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Try clearing the camera cache and data. If you've set up your camera with different short cuts etc. it will revert to default settings.

Settings>application manager>all>camera and clear cache and data