Gear and Note 3?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering, what do you all do with your Gear gadget thing? It just seems so small I can't imagine it not being frustrating to use or truly useful, so I'm asking. Thanks!

Deb from my Note 3

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I love it! I had the Gear Fit, and it was ok. But, the Gear 2 Neo is the same price and has more functionality. I love getting notifications on my wrist; and the fitness stuff built in is pretty cool. My favorite feature is being able to answer or reject calls. It has a decent speaker phone and I use it a lot while driving.

The screen is big and easy to read, but it doesn't look huge on my wrist. For $199 I couldn't pass it up. If you are thinking about getting one, go for the Gear 2 Neo and not the Gear Fit.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't want one geared (no pun intended) strictly for fitness. I like the looks of the rose gold which would match my Note 3 :) but the Neo doesn't offer that color :( and at my age I'd look real silly in the orange!

Is yours comfortable to wear for say 8 hours?

Can you use text to speech for texting?

Deb from my Note 3

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Leaning towards the Gear 2 cuz I would want a camera. Samsung has a $50 off code on their site :) but I want a more girlie color strap so looking now for them.

Deb from my Note 3

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok so really how good can a 2mb camera be? Anybody ever take pics with their's?

Deb from my Note 3

Pics are very so, so, but I don't think anyone's expecting a 20 megapixel camera on your wrist. Just fun to show people how it works, but I've yet to send a pic or keep a pic...more of a gee whiz gimmick for me.

anon(20073)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have the Gear 2 and love it, my wife couldn't figure out how i was talking to my wrist the other day on the phoneLOL.
Camera is useful but so so.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Here are two pics I took with the Gear 2.

made5yty.jpg

y2e5a5ug.jpg

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
That was very nice of you to share these, thank you.

Basically I'm looking for another safety tool for when I'm out walking my dogs. If something happens it's going to take more time to dig out my phone which is why I started thinking about the gear watch. We have too many problems in this area with loose dogs charging us which can be a really serious problem. It would also be nice to not have to worry about dropping my 600 dollar phone in some kind of incident.

It just seems like it would be quicker to snap pics if I need to or make an emergency phone call through the watch. The pics you sent seem to be clear enough anyway to handle this. I really appreciate you posting them.

Deb from my Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac