Kitkat 4.4.2 Update effectively kills Visual Voice mail!

KitKat 4.4.2 Update Problems

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

uberterrific

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I updated my Note 3 to KitKat 4.4.2 using Kies3 software. It works great, but visual voice mail is now DOA & impossible to use! This has GOT TO BE FIXED! I see that a few others are having the same problem. I called Verizon tech Support about it & was informed they have no idea how to fix it. The update updates your voicemail app & then asks you to sign up for "free visual voice mail", but then you get an error.... VERY ANNOYING!!!:mad: Anyone else having this problem too?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
It is most likely a Verizon visual voice app problem. I too got the glossy red message panel saying to call Verizon. But of course they don't know anything yet. My guess is that when the OTA upgrade comes out there will be a fix completed by Verizon.

akopa

May 13, 2014
Visit site
The Visual Voice Mail settings in your Verizon Account need to be changed. Must change to "Visual Voice Mail Free" or to "Premium Visual Voice Mail" @ $2.99 per month. Once changes are made Visual Voice Mail will work.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I checked my account online and reset the visual voice mail back to basic ($0.00) and the free premium trial was discontinued.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else lost the contents of their voice mailbox? Installing kitkat somehow removed vvm from my account. Customer service said that after the update my account showed NO voicemail whatsoever (not visual, nor basic). They had to re-add the feature to my account - with an empty mailbox and told me previous messages are permanently gone. VZW stores no backups of your account content on their servers??? Really?

inurgalaxy

May 19, 2014
Visit site
:mad: I spent 30 minutes talking to a very nice young lady from Verizon about this issue. The conclusion? Samsung! They made a new app that is not compatible with the Galaxy Note 3. Soooooooo.....now what?

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
The Visual Voice Mail settings in your Verizon Account need to be changed. Must change to "Visual Voice Mail Free" or to "Premium Visual Voice Mail" @ $2.99 per month. Once changes are made Visual Voice Mail will work.

Just spoke w/ a 2nd level tech, acc. to whom there's no such thing as "Visual Voice Mail Free." The one and only visual mail is @ $2.99/month.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just spoke w/ a 2nd level tech, acc. to whom there's no such thing as "Visual Voice Mail Free." The one and only visual mail is @ $2.99/month.

Verizon Visual Voice mail is FREE, Premium Visual Voice mail is 2.99/monthly (more options). The first 30 days after KitKat update the Premium is Free. It's a different Visual Voicemail with KitKat, but I've had it on my Verizon iPhone 5s since December for FREE
ehateter.jpg

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Remove the battery while phone still on. Keep out a few seconds. After putting battery back in and powering up it should work. Mine did

Posted from my awesome Note3

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Crazed_z06:
I've been a happy fan of Google Voice since the Grand Central days. The basic premise is you get one phone number given by Google, that will ring whatever phone you point it to: home, work, mobile, etc.
Since I have only a mobile number, (unplugged in 2002), simply use it and forwarded my verizon phone number so that it would answer and I can create any number of outgoing voicemail messages for family, clients, individuals, businesses, etc., and it has worked for my needs. You could save and keep the VM on Google's servers for as long as you like as well; that, and a somewhat laughable voice transcription of the recipients message is sent via text/email and kept as well.
It's been great for years, and now in the last few days GV has been merged with Hangouts. Am still testing the waters and seeing how it goes.
Good luck! Peace

Posted via Android Central App

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had to get a new SIM card and it messed it up. I couldn't get it to work after having to sign up for it again. I rebooted it after and that did the trick

Posted via Android Central App