Gear 2 Auto-Lock does not function correctly after Kitkat

Sharpnd152

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I've been trying to find a potential fix, but haven't found anything yet. Before the update, everything worked flawlessly. However, after upgrading to Kitkat today, the auto lock function is not working properly with my Gear 2 (latest software/updates).

What's happening:

If anyone is familiar with the Gear watches, Auto-Lock will force you to use a password (in my case, I chose a pattern) ONLY when not in connection distance from the watch. After updating, it requires the pattern regardless of the connection. I've cleared my cache, reset both devices/deleted and re-added via bluetooth multiple times but am having the same result. This does not seem to be specific to the Note 3, because my girlfriend is having the same issue with her Gear 2 and S4.

Does anyone have any suggestions or possibly have a Gear 2 and can test out the functionality?

Thanks!

aqwesd

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I've been trying to find a potential fix, but haven't found anything yet. Before the update, everything worked flawlessly. However, after upgrading to Kitkat today, the auto lock function is not working properly with my Gear 2 (latest software/updates).

What's happening:

If anyone is familiar with the Gear watches, Auto-Lock will force you to use a password (in my case, I chose a pattern) ONLY when not in connection distance from the watch. After updating, it requires the pattern regardless of the connection. I've cleared my cache, reset both devices/deleted and re-added via bluetooth multiple times but am having the same result. This does not seem to be specific to the Note 3, because my girlfriend is having the same issue with her Gear 2 and S4.

Does anyone have any suggestions or possibly have a Gear 2 and can test out the functionality?

Thanks!
I'm experiencing the same issue.

alengman

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset on my gear after the update and it seems to have fixed it. Also note that I clear cached for gear manager. I was trying to fix my gear 2 watch face changing back to the default watch face from a customized watch face.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

DCsGladiator

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I did a factory reset on my gear after the update and it seems to have fixed it. Also note that I clear cached for gear manager. I was trying to fix my gear 2 watch face changing back to the default watch face from a customized watch face.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This didn't work for me. I loved the auto lock feature. This issue sucks.

DCsGladiator

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone!

What's happening:

Thanks!

Did you fix your issue?

MShahid

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Had Gear(1) was no problem with note3. Few days back Got Note 4 having the same problem this function not working. Tried factory set all invain:'(

wickdaman

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
When you select Auto-lock you can ONLY use Pattern.

Unsure why, but I'd like to be able to have Fingerprint instead for Auto-lock!

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-03-16-40-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-03-16-40-37.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 6

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issues. Uninstall the gear manager app from your phone and then launch the Samsung marketplace and re-install the gear manager app. There was a bug in the update for the manager app. You should find everyrhing in working order after you reinstall.

Posted via Android Central App

bertsmith

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
This issue with the autolock function not accepting the details and remaining unchecked in the app has occurred a 2nd time.

This time after an S4 update to Lollipop (though that update was weeks before the issue started)

i've reconnected a couple of times, reset the gear, and have now uninstalled the gear manager and reinstalled it. which also means that the watch gets reset yet again.

yippeee - i get to waste even more time having to set everything up again.

i'm getting a bit sick and tired of untested updates wasting so much time. GRRRRRRRR!

but still the autolock refuses to get set.

any more ideas anyone?
do i have to reset the phone AGAIN now and waste even more time?

i'm rapidly going off Samsung kit :(

anyone want to buy a watch? :'(