all icons on the notification bar are now white

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
am i the only one who absolutely hates....and i mean loathe the new all white icons.....any app to customize these? for whatever reason the battery now looks just huge in all white. i hate stupid changes like this that are just stylistic....grrrrrrr.....

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I like it,so to each his own...if you get a launcher like nova you can hide notification bar all together an then add a battery widget of your color choice or just pull down notification bar to peek at battery stats, it hides again automatically on nova.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
am i the only one who absolutely hates....and i mean loathe the new all white icons.....any app to customize these? for whatever reason the battery now looks just huge in all white. i hate stupid changes like this that are just stylistic....grrrrrrr.....

This isn't a cosmetic update. There are many changes going on under the hood.

Of course it would be nice if Verizon posted a change log.

Posted via Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I like the change to white. But whether you like it or loathe it, it is what it is and whinning about the little stuff doesn't really accomplish much beyond wasting bandwidth.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I like a little color in the notification bar. But as it was mentioned above, it is what it is.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I miss Lloyd even though that was taken sway prior. I don't like the new face icon when you don't have a photo for a contact. Its lame.

Posted from my awesome Note3

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I like a little color in the notification bar. But as it was mentioned above, it is what it is.

I'm not crazy about it but I don't hate it. I liked the little bit of color as well. It helped me quickly determine what was what. Now I have to pay a little bit of attention to do that.

Deb from my Note 3

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Can someone post pictures so I know what you are taking about

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Here ya go, all white in the notification bar....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1400061780342.jpg
    1400061780342.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 124

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

For those of us that enjoy the outdoors the white is a godsend. The Halo Blue that Google introduced a while back must have been designed by cubicle dwellers that never ventured outdoors because they absolutely impossible to see in bright sunlight. The new Halo standard, pushed by Google, is to have white which is actually visible in bright sunlight. This is very good for us that spend a lot of time outdoors. We no longer have to put a hood over our phone (picture old-time photographers) to see what's going on.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm just the opposite. I've been waiting for all white icons for ages. The green icons were the only thing keeping my homescreen from B&W perfection.

2014-05-14 16.45.36.jpg

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
This isn't a cosmetic update. There are many changes going on under the hood.

Of course it would be nice if Verizon posted a change log.

no, wasn't saying the entire update was cosmetic, just that little piece...... i was just wondering if there was "an app for that" :) other than a whole different launcher....

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
no, wasn't saying the entire update was cosmetic, just that little piece...... i was just wondering if there was "an app for that" :) other than a whole different launcher....

I haven't found it...but I will bet dollars to doughnuts, notification colors can be set somewhere.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The droid maxx stayed blue w the kitkat update because verizon wanted to keep it blue.

I like the white..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon