Screen Lock options

tlbruce1969

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok my first problem was an oversight on my part, so I am hoping that this one is as well. I updated to KitKat this morning and in looking thru my settings I noticed that my screen lock options have all ben "Turned off by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage." the only one i have access to is the Password one. Before the update this morning I had it set on Swipe to unlock my screen and after the update it was on that, but now as I stated above I only have the option to Password protect the phone. is there a setting i can change to open the other options like before?

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok my first problem was an oversight on my part, so I am hoping that this one is as well. I updated to KitKat this morning and in looking thru my settings I noticed that my screen lock options have all ben "Turned off by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage." the only one i have access to is the Password one. Before the update this morning I had it set on Swipe to unlock my screen and after the update it was on that, but now as I stated above I only have the option to Password protect the phone. is there a setting i can change to open the other options like before?

So you have gone to Security, and the only screen lock option is 'Password'- you cannot change to pattern/pin? The fact that is says 'turned off by administrator' is intriguing. I did a quick look around for you- this should help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...tor-encryption-policy-credential-storage.html

tlbruce1969

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the reply, but it still didnt change anything. I took a few screen shots for yall to see if you recognize the issue or where I need to go to make the change. It is frustrating since this is my personal phone and there is no admin but me. The first two attachments are my security settings since i had to scroll down to get all of it, and the third is my screen lock settings page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-21-08-11-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-08-11-40.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_2014-05-21-08-11-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-08-11-51.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_2014-05-21-08-12-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-21-08-12-05.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 27

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Do you have a work email (exchange account) on the phone? Could that be insisting on the added security? Have you tried a factory reset? I know most find that to be a pain, but it does seem to work out the bugs of a newly updated device.

tlbruce1969

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Do you have a work email (exchange account) on the phone? Could that be insisting on the added security? Have you tried a factory reset? I know most find that to be a pain, but it does seem to work out the bugs of a newly updated device.

No work email, just my yahoo and gmail accts. Have never done a factory reset, will research on here to see what is involved and go from there.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Click on device administrators and see if you have anything overriding your password options...I use some app that over ride the device administrator options. You can google how to make yourself a device administrator...this is not rooting and take just a few clicks. Good luck, other wise factory reset and reinstall of everything...yuk.

tlbruce1969

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
After holding my breath for what seemed an eternity, I got my phone working correctly again after a factory reset. the only hassle I really had was logging into all my apps again. It really wasnt that bad and it did fix my problem. Thank you all for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol