Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Battery Life Poor on KitKat

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing bad battery life after kitkat? My screen used to always be the biggest battery killer. Now Google services and Android system are at the top of the list. Right now, my battery is 91% with only 20 minutes of screen time and 2 hours off the charger. I would easily still be at 95% or higher at this point before kitkat. I did a factory reset after downloading kitkat.
My girlfriend's s4 seems to also be suffering from worse battery life. It hasn't been reset since downloading kitkat.

paradox60660

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery Life Is Terrible After Kitkat

I have not been able to make it through the day without connecting a charger. Before update I went to bed with 50% battery remaining. Something needs fixing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery Life Is Terrible After Kitkat

I had the same problem. Some people say to do a factory reset, which I haven't because have too much stuff on my note 3 to loose.

Give it a few weeks and it will settle down. And you should see an improvement in battery life. Unfortunately this is a very common complaint with Kit Kat

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I have noticed is my Bluetooth connection in my car has a much bigger impact on my battery now. Otherwise it seems to be the same as before kitkat on everything else.

Posted via Android Central App

Ladybell

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Not sure why. Didn't do a factory reset yet. Just wiped partition cache. After that, battery life has suffered enough that I am trying to back up the info I currently have in the phone to do the reset without much loss. Hoping that corrects the issue.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

revansCAAD8

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I have also noticed reduces battery life on KK. Also noticing lower signal strength on 4G and I am in a large metro area. Disappointed since I was very happy before being forced to update!? However my wife's note 3 seems okay or not significantly different.

Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing bad battery life after kitkat? My screen used to always be the biggest battery killer. Now Google services and Android system are at the top of the list. Right now, my battery is 91% with only 20 minutes of screen time and 2 hours off the charger. I would easily still be at 95% or higher at this point before kitkat. I did a factory reset after downloading kitkat.
My girlfriend's s4 seems to also be suffering from worse battery life. It hasn't been reset since downloading kitkat.
I have basically the same issue but mine started prior to kitkat

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
For some reason, it appears that downloading the KitKat update is a "Russian Roulette" type situation. Some are good, some are bad, I wonder why.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I should mention that I did do a factory reset after the update. Even though it's a pain in the rear it seems to be worth the effort.

Exactly this^^^

- - - Updated - - -

LOL.... Russian Roulette, that about sums it up.

For some reason, it appears that downloading the KitKat update is a "Russian Roulette" type situation. Some are good, some are bad, I wonder why.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Reset is definitely worth a shot.
Good luck☺

Yes. Not sure why. Didn'tq do a factory reset yet. Just wiped partition cache. After that, battery life has suffered enough that I am trying to back up the info I currently have in the phone to do the reset without much loss. Hoping that corrects the issue.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
My battery consumption is about the same after KitKat or maybe a little better. I did NOT do a factory reset. However, I did turn off Google plus and disabled GPS, using only WiFi/Cell towers for Location. That seemed to make a big improvement in battery usage.
I also have GreenPower Premium installed. It turns off WiFi and Bluetooth when your screen is off or your device is disconnected from a Bluetooth device.

dkwannabe

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
The first 2 days of kitkat my phone was flawless. 3 days in, where I would have 60% battery left, now is 28%. Exchange Services has used 40% and has kept my phone awake for 4+ hours. I am not pleased with this update.

I'm probably going to back up my phone & do a factory reset. Maybe that'll help.

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The first 2 days of kitkat my phone was flawless. 3 days in, where I would have 60% battery left, now is 28%. Exchange Services has used 40% and has kept my phone awake for 4+ hours. I am not pleased with this update.

I'm probably going to back up my phone & do a factory reset. Maybe that'll help.

Found this thread, maybe something helpful here?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=202864

Sent from my Awesome Note 3 via the Android Central Forums App

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Charged my phone all night (like I always do), this morning..... 40 minutes off the charger, 30 SECONDS of screen time and I'm already down to 93%! This is ridiculous! I literally have not touched my phone and I've lost almost 10% in less than an hour!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruchi Chandel