Scrapbook...import to SD storage?

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
If I open my Scrapbook then tap menu I can choose "Import" to "SD storage". I can create a folder but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to transfer my Scrapbook info to my SD card. I don't see any choices to tap. Any help here? 😩

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Import means "bring in." You don't import to the SD, you import FROM the SD. Want you want is export, which I mentioned to you before. To export you click menu, select item, then either select one or more or select all up top. Then hit menu again and export. You cannot choose where it saves it however. But you can copy it to your SD card after if you like.

After exporting, if you go back and do menu, import again it will take you to the folder where it saves the exports so you will know exactly where to find it if you want to copy or move it. You can then choose the file and it will import it.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Import means "bring in." You don't import to the SD, you import FROM the SD. Want you want is export, which I mentioned to you before. To export you click menu, select item, then either select one or more or select all up top. Then hit menu again and export. You cannot choose where it saves it however. But you can copy it to your SD card after if you like.

After exporting, if you go back and do menu, import again it will take you to the folder where it saves the exports so you will know exactly where to find it if you want to copy or move it. You can then choose the file and it will import it.

Thank you! I will give this a try!

"Size Does Matter!"

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

Thank You jpr!!!😃
I followed your directions and it installed my Scrapbook into my SD storage folder!.......
Perfect! Now if I have to do a factory data reset, along with Kies 3 I won't have to lose anything again!👍

I don't know how but now when I save anything to Scrapbook it is automatically saved to my SD storage, which is great!
The downside is the pictures and categories are mixed up and many pictures are repeated! I have a 64gb card so I guess I have plenty of space!
I don't know if there is anything I can do about that!
At least my stuff is saved! ✌

"Size Does Matter!"

Last edited:

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Thank You jpr!!!😃
I followed your directions and it installed my Scrapbook into my SD storage folder!.......
Perfect! Now if I have to do a factory data reset, along with Kies 3 I won't have to lose anything again!👍

I don't know how but now when I save anything to Scrapbook it is automatically saved to my SD storage, which is great!
The downside is the pictures and categories are mixed up and many pictures are repeated! I have a 64gb card so I guess I have plenty of space!
I don't know if there is anything I can do about that!
At least my stuff is saved! ✌

"Size Does Matter!"

jpr!
Any idea why my Scrapbook folder SD card content multiplys the same images?
I found that I start with 11 images and each time I visit SD storage it repeats and adds another 11. 😨
Any way to stop that?
(I guess, don't visit! )

"Size Does Matter!"

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to leave Samsung sync on after my reset.
a5e5ehe9.jpg

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey Madd!
I have learned that if you back up "all" to Samsung Kies 3 and export your Scrapbook files to SD storage (thanks to jpr!) you will have everything I can think of saved. I too will use Samsung Sync.
Good luck with your reset!👍
Report back after.

"Size Does Matter!"

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It's done. I need a new sd card but I have enough device storage for now.
Google replaced half the apps during the 1st night, but I had to set them all up manually, and download more from the Play Store account during the day. I had left home without trying Kies restore.
I've confused myself where everything else came back from.
Old scrapbook files (3) from before I turned off Samsung sync in Feb came back from Samsung. Recent S-Notes came back about 12 hours later, maybe from Samsung or when I hooked up to Kies on my PC late yesterday.
I selected most of the restore options on Kies that night, but only chose the apps I had left to restore rather than all.
I did get one warning from Kies that malicious software detection had been turned on and I opted to skip one app.

I just have to set up the homescreens and widgets the way they were, but overall a 2 day job for me. I'll know better next time.:D

y4agepu5.jpg

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
It's done. I need a new sd card but I have enough device storage for now.
Google replaced half the apps during the 1st night, but I had to set them all up manually, and download more from the Play Store account during the day. I had left home without trying Kies restore.
I've confused myself where everything else came back from.
Old scrapbook files (3) from before I turned off Samsung sync in Feb came back from Samsung. Recent S-Notes came back about 12 hours later, maybe from Samsung or when I hooked up to Kies on my PC late yesterday.
I selected most of the restore options on Kies that night, but only chose the apps I had left to restore rather than all.
I did get one warning from Kies that malicious software detection had been turned on and I opted to skip one app.

I just have to set up the homescreens and widgets the way they were, but overall a 2 day job for me. I'll know better next time.:D

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/01/y4agepu5.jpg

It's a ***** isn't it!!😂👌

"Size Does Matter!"

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kies will even save your home screen. Personally, I think Google sync is better than Samsung sync, but that is just my opinion.

Sent from my Awesome Note 3

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
jpr!
Any idea why my Scrapbook folder SD card content multiplys the same images?
I found that I start with 11 images and each time I visit SD storage it repeats and adds another 11. 😨
Any way to stop that?
(I guess, don't visit! )

"Size Does Matter!"

Never mind! I got it figured out!👌

"Size Does Matter!"