Seems pretty quiet around here!

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I think most of us have gotten past the KitKat download, have straightened thinks out, got our Note 3's to settle in and have learned alot!
I know I have!
My note is running smoothly and the battery life is better.
A little late now but I learned how to save everything for when there's another update and I need to do a factory data reset. It did need to be done!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I think you about summed it up Joe. Nothing unusual with my update, things for the most part working as good as ever!
Hey, maybe you could post a quick "How to" on saving everything for those of us that had to manually input after the update.
Thanks man!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Never fear, in a few days the new rant will be "when do I get 4.4.3" , "I own this device I should be able to screw it up anyway I choose" , and "the notice bar icons are all fushia!" LOL ;^)

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Never fear, in a few days the new rant will be "when do I get 4.4.3" , "I own this device I should be able to screw it up anyway I choose" , and "the notice bar icons are all fushia!" LOL ;^)

That's Funny as Hell!!!!😃😂😄

"Size Does Matter!"

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I think you about summed it up Joe. Nothing unusual with my update, things for the most part working as good as ever!
Hey, maybe you could post a quick "How to" on saving everything for those of us that had to manually input after the update.
Thanks man!

For the most part I was able to backup with Kies 3, I check marked all. And then (I found out later) you can backup Scrapbook by going to menu and exporting to your SD card.
I had to turn on and off a few things in settings but other than shuffling my apps, everything was OK!
(Lucky I guess? ) 😨

"Size Does Matter!"

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Cool, thanks. Certainly better than how I did it.
Pretty much transfered pics and data manually to removable storage and backed up Nova Prime. Still had a lot of manual input though. I need to look into the whole Kies thing.

For the most part I was able to backup with Kies 3, I check marked all. And then (I found out later) you can backup Scrapbook by going to menu and exporting to your SD card.
I had to turn on and off a few things in settings but other than shuffling my apps, everything was OK!
(Lucky I guess? ) ��

"Size Does Matter!"

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So true! I do find it funny when people rant and complain about not getting an update in a timely manner then complain to no end about the actual update. Happens every single time. I told everyone to be careful what they wish for on the "When are we getting Kit Kat thread"..... ��

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i personally hate kitkat. i seem to be getting poorer data reception and my battery life is horrible compared to jelly bean. i have done a factory reset and wiped cache partition.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I always find the different results with updates intriguing.
Aren't we all fundamentally using the same hardware and software? Why is there always so much disparity? Some have improvements, some issues and like me hardly any changes at all.
I have 3 devices on Kit Kat; Nexus 7, Htc One M7 and my Note3. In each case nothing significant in each case. Maybe the apps, programs, etc. Play a larger role than we think. All of my devices are set up identically, maybe that's why my results are the same? I really have no idea, just throwing it out there.

i personally hate kitkat. i seem to be getting poorer data reception and my battery life is horrible compared to jelly bean. i have done a factory reset and wiped cache partition.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I always find the different results with updates intriguing.
Aren't we all fundamentally using the same hardware and software? Why is there always so much disparity?

I too have had no problems with the update. I suspect that there are still some apps that haven't been updated to work with kitkat. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "common denominator" app with all the people experiencing problems. One app could monopolize the battery, and other services, causing all kinds of issues.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

Oh crap!!! I just saw something on Android Central
about Android 4.4.3 for Nexus devices! 😨😨😨

"Size Does Matter!"

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Android 4.5 will be awhile. IOS 8 was announced and there is nothing really cool for Google to steal to make our phone better. We're gonna have to think it up ourself now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Well the battery drain I was seeing has seemed to stop, however I'm still seeing very high RAM usage. as am writing this it's up to 2.02 out of 2.71 and it really bogs the phone down, didn't happen on 4.3...

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well the battery drain I was seeing has seemed to stop, however I'm still seeing very high RAM usage. as am writing this it's up to 2.02 out of 2.71 and it really bogs the phone down, didn't happen on 4.3...

Not true that the RAM is bogging it down. That was one of my first thread questions, and many here will tell you the same. RAM works differently to Windows / PC ram. Clearing ram only causes Android to fill most of the ram again using more cpu or whatever. Having a high degree of ram filled means its running efficiently. It will clear the ram it needs least when more space is needed.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Not true that the RAM is bogging it down. That was one of my first thread questions, and many here will tell you the same. RAM works differently to Windows / PC ram. Clearing ram only causes Android to fill most of the ram again using more cpu or whatever. Having a high degree of ram filled means its running efficiently. It will clear the ram it needs least when more space is needed.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Well when ig or fb wont update the latest feed I check the RAM, clear it and it begins to work properly that is why I came to that conclusion....if there is another explanation then I'd love to hear it...it never ran that high before kit kat, I shouldn't have to manually close running apps and clear ram to get my data to work properly when I want to read the mosr recent news feed...

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Well when ig or fb wont update the latest feed I check the RAM, clear it and it begins to work properly that is why I came to that conclusion....if there is another explanation then I'd love to hear it...it never ran that high before kit kat, I shouldn't have to manually close running apps and clear ram to get my data to work properly when I want to read the mosr recent news feed...

Probably because the Facebook for Android app has always been terrible and they probably haven't optimized it for Kit Kat yet.

Are you also closing Facebook when you clear memory? That would be another explanation.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Fb has not had any problems for me until now, if it's a matter of compatibility then I can wait but instagram has the same issue...even if I try to browse the web....no I'm not closing the app when I clear the memory...I just go to the task manager I see the memory usage is high, so I press clear memory and go back to the app and it downloads instantly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance