What is the best wattage amplifier out there?

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I am headed to Boundary Waters in N. MN mid next week for a fishing trip and there is next to no Vzw service available. Any chance a insanely powerful amplifier exists out there that I can either attach to my phone or car to provide me with at least a little coverage?

Anthony

Posted via Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/

I used their trucker antenna before without an amp and it could make a difference between zero and full signal. I haven't messed with the amplifiers, but I know a new FCC ruling requires you to notify and get permission from your provider to use an amp (there was a little controversy on if that would even be enforceable). In any case, Wilson Electronics, not to be confused with another Wilson known for CB accessories, used to be hands down the company to use for boosting cell signals. Pricy, though.

As for power, those are heavily regulated, so don't expect to reach hundreds of miles. I know Wilson used to advertise up to 40 miles on an amp/antenna combo, but that was before the FCC changes.

Macktion

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Spendy for sure, but definitely worth it. They put together some good stuff. I saw them at a convention once and got a tour of their Utah facility before I used one myself. All in all they seemed like nice folk, and the amplifier works wonders in the back-country.

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using Tapatalk

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I grew up by there and Verizon sux up there in town let alone in the boundary waters. The best carrier for service there is At&t.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis