only 37 seconds for my PC to boot into Windows 7... but 48 seconds for my Note 3 to boot up?

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering why it takes 48 seconds for my completely stock Note 3 to boot up. Just to make sure I was getting a correct reading, I did a factory default restore first. The 48 seconds is from the time I release the power button until the home screen appears.

By comparison, my 3-year-old PC only takes 37 seconds to boot. Time from pressing the power button to desktop loaded. (with all programs loaded ready togo) It does run on a new 256GB SSD which I just installed. That's what got me to time the boot-up times... :)

Is this normal? Is there something that I can do to speed up the boot time?

Thanks1

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an answer but curious as to why you are asking.

You should be timing it from when you are actually able to use each device. Windows boots up quicker in your case, but double click on something and sit and wait for it to be opened.

So turn each device on at the same time, then open Chrome. I bet the phone has Chrome running before your laptop.

Posted via Android Central App

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't have an answer but curious as to why you are asking.

You should be timing it from when you are actually able to use each device. Windows boots up quicker in your case, but double click on something and sit and wait for it to be opened.

So turn each device on at the same time, then open Chrome. I bet the phone has Chrome running before your laptop.

When I time my PC, it's between pressing the button and being able to open a FireFox browser window with Google.com loaded.

On the Note 3, it's between releasing the power button and when the home screen appears.

jcampbell1070

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Its a mini computer that fits in your hand. Try to Shrink the power of a pc down to a size of a phone. Give technology a little more time to get there.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Seems typical for my Galaxy Note 3 and other Androids

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
If you want it to boot faster, you should root, but I'm sure Verizon's huge splash screen is one reason, and Samsung with theirs along with that annoying boot up melody, you get rid of those things you're booting up in 30 to 35 seconds easy....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
now that I think about it again.... I'd like to apologize for worrying about something that I almost never do. (i.e rebooting either my phone or PC)

I only reboot my Windows 7 PC about once a month.... sometimes even 3 months or more... because it also runs my home phone system, so it never goes into standby/sleep.

I only reboot my Galaxy Note 3....well.. like never.. unless there's a new OTA update(which requires rebooting) or when I let the battery run to end and the phone shut itself off...

They can take 5 minutes to boot and make very little to me in normal use. :D 5 minutes is how long it take for my tube amplifiers to warm up.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Your comparing two different hardware platforms and two different OS. Times are going to vary.

Compare it to a Mac and Linux and see how your results changes.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Your comparing two different hardware platforms and two different OS. Times are going to vary.

Compare it to a Mac and Linux and see how your results changes.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)

true.... my MacBook Pro boots up way faster than either of them... but it did cost twice as much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy