4G to 1X to no service. On Verizon

almostfriday

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Very few dead cell areas before. Now it's horrible. Verizon says it's Samsung. Anyone else with same problems.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you know anyone with a non Samsung phone in your area? If so, do they have the same problem?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any issues with service but I was just reading on XDA thread about folks having issues with the radio on this phone but they are rooted and so am I.. you can read about what they are saying here..Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - xda-developers
Very few dead cell areas before. Now it's horrible. Verizon says it's Samsung. Anyone else with same problems.

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
All of my devices are having a problem. All samsung types. In new xlte area. Reception sucks. Talked to Verizon service guy and he said it is the way it is for now. New systems are crap.

Posted via Android Central App

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I heard of a lady in Florida who called Verizon and they sent her some sort of a signal booster for her home?

sent from my Note 3

revansCAAD8

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Yep both of our Note 3's are getting dropped to 3G to 1x at times since the crap KK update. And we are currently in a large metro area, hate to see what happens when we aren't. Sad

Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App

foxisbubba#AC

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

Huge signal and battery issues for many kitkat users on Verizon. I spoke with best buy geek squad and 2 different Samsung reps in east TN. Verizon blames Samsung but Sprint T mobile and att are all fine. The Samsung rep said they even pulled their ability to reload the verizon version of kitkat OS from their computers. Verizon approved a brand new replacement for me but sent me a recert instead. I called and had my contract date reset (after a little persuasion) and decided to go with the S5. I kept the refurbished unit with jellybean and sent back my phone with Kitkat. I'm actually using the note 3 now and debating selling the S5 on Ebay. I'm sure the issue lies within all the bloat ware Verizon insists on pre loading.

breadmanjp

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue with note 3. I went to a Verizon store and they called tech support and checked number of dropped calls etc...said it wasn't a large amount. Restarted the phone in safe mode to see if any apps were the cause, but no difference. However, when I am standing next to an iPhone user, outdoors in a large park, and they can make calls and I get NO SERVICE, something is wrong. I'm sure it's not Verizon's network when both of us were on it at the same time. I hoped they might swap phones for me but no such luck. Stuck with crappy service and I too live in a large metro area, not out in the boonies.

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I am running the note 3, S5, and gnp12.2. All of which are getting horrible service. I can see the tower. Get full service outside. Go inside and the new xlte drops our to 1 bar or no service. Calling verizon today to drop service on gnp12.2 and another tablet since there is no to little signal to work with.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am in Arizona. I live in a small town and no issues with my my phone or tablet. But my jet pack has been sluggish since it's update and causing being on my laptop a problem

Posted from my awesome Note3

almostfriday

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I caved in. Getting a refurbished one. I also tried safe mode. On addition to removing SD card. Also SIM card. Still bad service. $800 and I'm getting a refirb.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I caved in. Getting a refurbished one. I also tried safe mode. On addition to removing SD card. Also SIM card. Still bad service. $800 and I'm getting a refirb.

You paid $800 for the Verizon note 3? Retail is $700.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I had similar issues, they sent me a refirb that had JellyBean on it still, same issues, I sent the refirb back..just gonna deal with it til the G3 comes out

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE