My new Note 3 battery is draining faster recently

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I've only had my stock Verizon Note 3 phone (Android version 4.4.2) for a few weeks. But recently in the past several days, I'm pretty sure the battery has been draining faster than when I first got the phone. For example, when I unplug the phone in the morning after charging, it will be at 100%. After maybe an hour or hour and half, it might go down to 80 to 85% battery life, with little phone usage. I've been topping off the battery on my desk at work so it always go back to 100% throughout the morning, but maybe that's a bad practice to do?

mwatson2

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
The latest update (for me) enabled a feature in the Play Store that regularly scans (mine was set for 'on wifi only') for updates. I had installed a massive battery just prior to the update and I was losing 80% over 16 hours, where pre-update I would get about 3 days of juice. I simply turned that feature off and I'm back to a 3-day charge. Give that a go.

Oldergeek63

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Where is that feature located? it's not in Play Store app settings as far as I can tell. Is it in general setting or application manager? My PS app is 4.8.20 and my phone is on 4.4.2 Kernel 3.4.0

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Where is that feature located? it's not in Play Store app settings as far as I can tell. Is it in general setting or application manager? My PS app is 4.8.20 and my phone is on 4.4.2 Kernel 3.4.0

It is under play store settings. I just turned mine off. It dad say download over wifi only but I bet it can still use battery power constantly checking for updates

sent from my Note 3

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I found that my battery drains extremely fast whenever the location setting is turned on. I pretty much don't need it so I turn it off unless I'm using my phone as a GPS.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's reply. I think I may have figured out the problem. I had recently installed 2 different versions of "No Wallpaper" apps. The app simply gives a solid black background in order to help reduce battery drain. One version of the No Wallpaper app resided resided within the "Live wallpapers" folder, but the other No Wallpaper app did not reside with the Live wallpapers folder, but instead was found as a choice within the "Select wallpaper from" menu. I think I mistakenly chose the "No Wallpaper" app that resided within "Live wallpapers" folder which may have drained the battery faster. I'm guessing because Live Wallpapers in generally chew up batter life faster versus "non" Live Wallpapers. So I switched to the other No Wallpaper app that I don't believe is a Live Wallpaper, so now my battery life seems to have improved now.

EDIT: The 2 different apps are spelled differently, and have 2 different icon designs. The one that I deleted (which resided within the LIve Wallpaper folder) is the one with the spelling of "No Wallpaper" and has no picture icon whatsoever, simply a black nothing icon within the Application manager. The version I kept is the the one spelled "No wallpaper" with the small "w" and has a picture of a blue/green android waving hello and appears to be riding a skateboard. That's the one I'm using now.

kazmi

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Am having the exact same issue with poor battery life and cannot figure out why. It's especially hard since I grew accustomed to the 24 hr plus I was getting pre-KK. I have tried removing some of the apps I recently installed thinking that might be the culprit but no luck. Stats show screen and system as being my biggest suckers but I am at a loss for what else I can do. I'm barely able to make it through a work day now. Any other ideas/suggestions?

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had the Note 3 since it was released and have always had very inconsistent battery life. For periods of time the battery life is horrible - maybe 4 hours. Other times, the battery life is very good. I tend to reboot the phone a few times a day, which seems to help when the battery life is bad.

This inconsistent battery life is the only thing that I'm not happy about with this phone. although I love everything else about it!

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Have either of you guys received the Google Search update with Google Now on every page? I noticed after that update my Android System has been 20% and higher since download and battery life decreased a bit as a result. Today is down to 15%, so I'm watching the battery discharge to determine if there is a correlation. Just a thought. 😊

kazmi

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I did but quickly disabled it after realizing I don't really need it nor use it that much. I believe mine is an issue with the radio..I feel on KK the radio is very aggressive and constantly tries to maintain a LTE connection. I just charged it to full during the day and now am at 55%!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2