VZ Unlimited Data Tethering

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't you also have a Samsung Note 3 phone? I use the built-in stylus for writing onto the screenshot pictures. Been doing that since my Note 2 days.

Yep. Purchased version. Worked perfectly before kitkat update. I think the certificate work around is what I need to figure you. Thanks for trying. What tool do you use to mark up your screenshots?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So you're saying that I should pay twice, since I want to use the data (that I'm already paying for) on a different device? You must like big corp.

Personally I pay for unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot, but if you consider hotspot as paying for it twice then you can always move to any currently advertised plan, all of which include hotspot as part of the package.

Verizon Unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot is the best bang for the buck if you use a lot of data, no other US carrier currently offers unlimited hotspot even on legacy plans.

Also be aware that using hotspot without paying for it explicitly violates Verizon's written policy.
dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I've got an unlimited data account and have not been able to use FoxFi since the KK update.
I know it's and old song but I've searched here and other places and found plenty of supposed ways to get it working but have not found success. Is there a fix? USB tether is less than reliable.
Thanks!
:-\

Update FoxFi...it works fine with KK.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
By the way, the attached screenshot picture shows I'm a "lucky" member of the unlimited data plan club, haha! The screenshot is from the Verizon app.

Being lucky is a double edged sword, cuz that means I always have to pay FULL retail price for every new device to keep my original contract for unlimited data.

I already paid $750 full price for the Samsung Note 2, plus another $750 for the Note 3. I just keep whipping out those Benjamin Franklins to the local Verizon retailer, haha!

When I first got the very first original 4G phone by Verizon, known as the (cough, choke, gasp!) HTC Thunderbolt, I had signed up for the authorized mobile wifi hotspot which cost me an extra $30 per month. I can actually still sign up for Verizon's authorized *unlimited* wifi tethering because I'm under the original contract which allows me to do so. Buuuuuuut, why would I want to?? Hello, Foxfi !!

Attachments

• Verizon Unlimited Data Plan pic.jpg
    Verizon Unlimited Data Plan pic.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 29

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure using terabytes of data is a big no no also.

Posted via Android Central App

There is no where that explicitly mentions any data limits for the unlimited data plan

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 5S

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Something strange happened yesterday evening whereby Foxfi didn't work for me. Sometimes for whatever weird reason, Foxfi won't work for me, but will work say the next day. Foxfi works again for me today, but not yesterday.

See below screenshot pictures for the errors I was getting. I sometimes get the pop-up screen that says "Attention, Foxfi is attempting to create a VPN connection..." There would be a box to check that says "I trust this application". However, yesterday I wasn't able to check the box, and the only thing I could do was to press the "Cancel" box below, as the "OK" box was grayed out.

See attached 5 screenshot pictures. Excuse the dark images, as I had the dimmer on way low.

Attachments

• Foxfi Pic 1.jpg
    Foxfi Pic 1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Foxfi Pic 2.jpg
    Foxfi Pic 2.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Foxfi Pic 3.jpg
    Foxfi Pic 3.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Foxfi Pic 4.jpg
    Foxfi Pic 4.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Foxfi Pic 5.jpg
    Foxfi Pic 5.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 23

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Something strange happened yesterday evening whereby Foxfi didn't work for me. Sometimes for whatever weird reason, Foxfi won't work for me, but will work say the next day. Foxfi works again for me today, but not yesterday.

See below screenshot pictures for the errors I was getting. I sometimes get the pop-up screen that says "Attention, Foxfi is attempting to create a VPN connection..." There would be a box to check that says "I trust this application". However, yesterday I wasn't able to check the box, and the only thing I could do was to press the "Cancel" box below, as the "OK" box was grayed out.

See attached 5 screenshot pictures. Excuse the dark images, as I had the dimmer on way low.

That "Trust this application" and the "Third Party listening" are normal with Kit Kat and FoxFi.

Don't remove the FoxFi cert.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781