I locked myself out and forgot PIN number - Help please

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I was screwing around with security settings, and inadvertently changed my PIN number to something different on my Note 3 phone. Now I'm locked out as I don't know what exactly is the changed PIN number. I can't access my phone now. Duh!! Anyone have a solution other than doing a hard reset?

EDIT: Screen now says you have incorrectly typed your PIN 25 times, please wait 30 seconds to try agin. I'm not seeing any other alternatives to access my phone.

Thanks!
Casey

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have your Google account on your phone?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hard reset bro. My step daughter did the same and couldn't remember the pattern. Call verizon but I'm pretty sure they're gonna tell you the same. Or keep trying the pin.

from "Ms Note 3"

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have a Google account, but that option is not showing up to ask me about it.

Login to Android device manager on a PC via your Google account.. From there you can setup a password which will overwrite the existing one.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Could you elaborate on this please? Is "Android device manager" a website for logging into, an application to download and from where? Is this something that TMO provides but not VZW?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't know for sure but I think you have to allow android device manager to have control of your phone in phone settings under security>device managers...otherwise it will not have permission to access the phone.

I could be mistaken. Someone may correct if I am wrong.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know for sure but I think you have to allow android device manager to have control of your phone in phone settings under security>device managers...otherwise it will not have permission to access the phone.

I could be mistaken. Someone may correct if I am wrong.

You are correct.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
So android device manager will not let op into phone because it can not be made an administrator due to the fact he/she can't get into phone... Op will have to probably contact service provider to get them into phone so they can prove it is their phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So android device manager will not let op into phone because it can not be made an administrator due to the fact he/she can't get into phone... Op will have to probably contact service provider to get them into phone so they can prove it is their phone.
That is correct, it would have to be set up before hand. I agree contacting the carrier is the best bet now, if adm isn't set up

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol