Stock music player not detecting music on extsdcard

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I like playing music via bluetooth in my car but my car's audio controls (skip/play buttons) only work with Note 3's stock music app, that is why I use the stock app in my car. However, the music app does not detect music in the "music" folder on my sdcard while it DOES detect the songs in the subfoders within the "music" folder. I also could not find any option to add folders to the music app. How can I get the stock app to detect music app to detect those songs in the "root" of my Music folder of my ext sd card?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have my music in the storage/emulated/0/Music directory, which is the Device Storage. As an experiment, I copied one song over to the Music directory on the SD memory card, or storage/extSdCard/Music. I then clicked on the song and the default Music player started playing the song.

This may have worked since the song was already associated with, and known to the default Music player. I didn't even give the Music player app time to "auto discover" any new media on the extSdCard. Just clicked on the music file soon as the copy completed. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• tempFileForShare.jpg
    tempFileForShare.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 17

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, when I go through file manager, the songs can be played on the native music player app. However when I try to find the songs through the native app, the songs don't show up. Even searching for the songs in the "root" of the "Music" folder on the external sdcard does not show the songs.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I installed power amp and finds all my music...this was suggested by another poster...there may be and external file you can move them to but I don't know what you would call it and it may take a while for you to figure out what songs need to be moved.
V
Cloud Around is a cloud music player if you don't mind using data to play your music and it also found all music on my internal and external sd...the stock player quit finding all my music after the kk fiasco.
Good luck.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I use third party music players like PowerAmp or Fusion when I am not in my car. Fusion automatically starts playing when my phone connects to bluetooth in my car. But I cannot skip songs using my car's controls. I can do that only with the stock music player. That is why I was wondering if there was a work around.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Ah.. I have no idea how to skip or work around... now that you have provided another reason for wanting to stick with stock someone who has had a similar issue may chime in😊:)

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, when I go through file manager, the songs can be played on the native music player app. However when I try to find the songs through the native app, the songs don't show up. Even searching for the songs in the "root" of the "Music" folder on the external sdcard does not show the songs.

K, so what I just tried is the following.
1. Created a new Playlist called Test
2. Added the same song (from storage/extSdCard/Music shown in the screenshot in post #2 above (this is the one that I copied from the "original" source song file in storage/emulated/0/Music directory)) to the Test playlist. The file path is shown at the bottom in the top screenshot)
3. Added the same song from storage/emulated/0/Music directory to the Test playlist
4. Played song from Step 2 above (shown in the bottom screenshot)
So, this might work if you can create a new Car specific playlist using the process above

Attachments

• tempFileForShare.jpg
    tempFileForShare.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 10
  • tempFileForShare.jpg
    tempFileForShare.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 10