still getting notification from Facebook Messenger app even though it's uninstalled

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

A few months ago when Facebook announced their updated non-private privacy policy for the messenger phone app I immediately uninstalled the app from my phone. I'm still getting private notifications though so I'm thinking it's like when you uninstall a Windows app it's not all gone so I'm maybe my phone isn't safe. Can anyone give me any insight on this? Do I have to do a factory reset to get it all off my phone?

I'd like to use it but it's just not worth what FB is "charging" for it in the form of super-invasion. I use the messaging feature only on my PC now because the new policy and uproar was only supposed to affect phones.

Thanks,
Deb

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I think you will get the notifications no matter what, unless you turn notifications off in facebook settings. You can still see the message online on PC if you click on message at top of page. I don't think it is like the windows thing you speak of. You are just signed up for notifications from fb on your pc or phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers