I'm a Verizon customer, currently using a 3-year old Droid RAZR. I have a grandfathered 4Gb data plan for $69 that it makes sense for me to keep, and Verizon's coverage is the best here in NJ, so I'm considering sticking with Verizon and upgrading to the Note 4.

But using Verizon has meant living with locked bootloaders; having to use SafeStrap in order to flash ROMs; fewer ROM developers vs. GSM phones; slower updates. I'm mostly over my ROM flashing days, and it may not make sense to flash on ROM on the Note (does it?), but I like to keep my options open.

So I'd like to ask, what has been your experience with your Note and Verizon? Do you have any advice or suggestions to help me decide whether to stay or go?

Thanx.
    10-09-2014 07:40 PM
    I have no bad things to say... I get service where others don't and that's what's important to me. Their updates seem to take a little longer to her to us but they eventually do...I personally wouldn't change carries until you talk to someone in your area and work place to see how their service is. Most people can't get anything but Wi-Fi where I work but I very rarely if ever have a problem.
    10-09-2014 07:52 PM
    I have had the Note3 on both AT&T and on Verizon. There is no difference in what the phone can do between the two. However, as you have found Verizon has coverage just about everywhere and AT&T has practically no coverage outside the major urban areas and the freeway corridors from my personal experiences.
    10-10-2014 07:38 PM
    I live in Ohio and have been a Verizon customer for almost 10 years.
    I use to travel for work all over the USA with my company AT&T phone & my Verizon personal phone. I can not recall a time when the AT&T phone worked and the Verizon phone did not. The Verizon coverage is consistent throughout the country.
    There is no way I would give up my unlimited data on Verizon if I were you.

Posted via Android Central App from my Rose Gold Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    10-10-2014 07:43 PM
    I have not loaded any custom ROMs on the Note so I don't know this for sure but I would think that due to the massive amount of Note specific software the is needed to drive the SPen and all of its functions along with the special features of the Note that you might miss out of much of that with a 3rd party ROM. Not sure but something to look into.
    10-12-2014 12:48 PM