what is going on with my N3?

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Last night while I was a the gym I was watching a Red Bull movie while doing cardio and once I got done I accidentally dropped my phone (It has a hard case on it). There was no damage from it what-so-ever from the four foot drop onto the vinyl floor.

I woke up this morning not able to either watch video or even for that matter load usatoday.com. It went away during the day but this evening it came back with a vengeance.

Could the drop have any effect on data or is this VZW's network optimization going on?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was that happening on mobile data or wi-fi, or both? Did you try rebooting the phone? Any problems with making calls?

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
While using data on the Unlimited plan. Phone call are fine, texting is fine.

Last night I tried at least ten soft resets with this device. This morning I was able to watch a quick YouTube video but the video buffered four or so times before I got frustrated and quit watching it. Last night I couldn't even load a video let alone begin to watch it.

I normally have one to two bars of 4G in my home

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Phone calls and texting are via the CDMA radio (assuming you're not using VoLTE, Voice over LTE), while LTE mobile data would be over the GSM LTE radio. It's possible something might be wrong with the GSM radio. Can you send or receive photos over MMS? This requires mobile data, so if you're having problems, that would further support this possibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech