Bluetooth 4.0 on Note 3

dagold99

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know why my note 3 will not work with a bluetooth 4.0 device. My phone does pair with the device but when I try to connect to the device (open the garage door), the door will not open. The device does work with my ipad and wife's iphone so I know it works. Just not with my note 3. I have 4.4.2 and samsung says it has Bluetooth 4.0.

Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is taken from the BT Mate webpage. It doesn't list the Note 3 as supported, although I don't recall having Bluetooth issues with it in the past...
Q: What other Androids are supported besides the Samsung Galaxy S5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab4 & TabS ?

A: GarageMate requires Bluetooth 4.0. While late model Samsungs devices provide a flawless experience, the same can not be said with certainty for other Androids.

In particular Androids released prior to Fall 2013 (such as Motorola Droid Razr or any Nexus made by Asus), suddenly stops communicating with the receiver and require you to pair again.

You can help us by voting-up/starring the Bluetooth4.0 bug reports to Google. Please visit this Google link and this link to Google. We regret these issues and hopefully they will be fixed in the next Android release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech