Hey all,
    I decided to rock my phone caseless for a few days... After 2 days, I dropped my phone in the parking lot at work. pretty much scratching up all four corners on the silver bezel.

Is there anyway to get a replacement bezel, and if so, how difficult is the process to swap?

Lesson learned here... never go caseless!
    12-03-2014 09:21 AM
    Yeah. The build quality on this phone leaves something to be desired. Mine is pretty chipped up.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-03-2014 10:59 PM
    Ever take a phone apart? If not, it's difficult. If yes, you should know how easy it is.

I agree that current phones are pretty chintzy. I have a Startac (10 years old or so) in my hand when I slipped when I was in a wet blacktop parking lot (it was still drizzling). The phone took a ride of about 200 feet down the blacktop. If you look very carefully, you'll notice a spot, about 1/4" diameter, where the kind of pebble grain is smooth. That was the extent of the damage. Do that with most uncased Android phones, even on their backs, and you're probably looking at a new phone. Do it with an old Nextel i58 and you'd need a bulldozer driving over it to damage it. (I had a few driven over by cars. They got dirty. they don't make a phone like that any more.)
    12-04-2014 12:47 AM
    Thanks for replies. I did some digging and you're right, taking these things apart is not a simple task. I guess I'll have to live with the chips, I got the case back on now so I don't have to stare at them anymore lol.
    12-05-2014 08:40 AM