My new Samsung note 3

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Take it out. You should get a little circular menu on the screen. You can tap any of those things to run them.

You basically use the S-Pen instead of a finger. (If you have really thin fingers it's not a big thing, but if you have fat fingers, it sure helps.) You can also take screen shots by holding the pen button pressed, then holding the pen tip against the screen until the border flashes. You can use pen-to-text apps, so you can write notes with the pen (it would be difficult to write much with a finger) and the app saves what you write as text. You can annotate screenshots.

Do a Google search for s-pen and you'll find loads of articles on how to use it, tips on using it, using it correctly, etc.

Some people (I'm one of them, my wife, who's a stroke victim, is another), love the pen. Some people never use them. Don't feel bad if you don't think it's worth the fuss - a lot of people agree with you.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I use Scrapbook all the time. If I want to save anything from Facebook or articles I want to keep or a picture I would like to keep or send on.
The S Pen keeps me loyal to the Note series!