04-15-2015 08:57 PM
46 12
tools
    03-17-2015 12:15 PM
    Yeah your "source" also says June-July for the T-Mobile Note 3, which is already on devices, so take that with a pound of salt.
    03-17-2015 01:48 PM
    Yeah your "source" also says June-July for the T-Mobile Note 3, which is already on devices, so take that with a pound of salt.
    Except this is Verizon.... So which probably means add 6 months to this release date.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-17-2015 02:21 PM
    This is my question. Does this 5+ update really have any productivity value? I honestly cannot see it.

I have 4.4.4 on my Note 3 VZW and it is flawless in my usage. Notifications and multitask are no more intuitive, if even equal IMO. Not seeing a real reason to leave the KNOWN for the UNKNOWN when the update comes available.
    I hope the update never comes. I'm not rooted so I cannot block it yet my phone works fine and I see no advantage to another update that is likely to screw something up. More than half of pushed updates either make things worse or do nothing useful.
    04-01-2015 11:47 AM
    If Lollipop allows you to write to your SD card again, that would be enough value for me.

Posted via Android Central App
    I'm stock vzw and have no problem writing to my sd card. What is it you can't do? I copy music there. Pictures go there. I copy many of my downloads there. No problem at all.
    04-01-2015 11:49 AM
    I'm stock vzw and have no problem writing to my sd card. What is it you can't do? I copy music there. Pictures go there. I copy many of my downloads there. No problem at all.
    In KitKat 3rd party apps cannot write to the SD card. So you can't use, say, QuickPic to delete a photo from the camera folder or your 3rd party music app to delete a song. Lollipop gives you the option to grant apps the write to circumvent this limitation.
    04-01-2015 06:35 PM
    Oh I see. I always use file manager for sd card so never noticed that limitation.
    04-02-2015 10:42 AM
    Oh I see. I always use file manager for sd card so never noticed that limitation.
    If you're not already you should take a look at ES File Manager. A very powerful, yet free, solution.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫
    SweetWater56 likes this.
    04-02-2015 01:33 PM
    If you're not already you should take a look at ES File Manager. A very powerful, yet free, solution.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫
    ES File Manager no longer allows me to copy or move files to my external SD card. (It DID work before Android 4.4.4). That's the main reason I am looking forward to getting Lollipop.

04-03-2015 11:27 AM
    ES File Manager no longer allows me to copy or move files to my external SD card. (It DID work before Android 4.4.4). That's the main reason I am looking forward to getting Lollipop.

Yeahp. Lollipop solves that problem.
    04-03-2015 01:06 PM
    If you're rooted, any app running as root can write anything to anywhere. Or you can give the user everyone full access to the card, then any app can write to any folder. No need for the LolliFlop flea circus to use the SD card.

As for the update, 5.0-5.0.2 have the memory leak bug. If Verizon is waiting for test results on their version of 5.1, good for them. Anyone can release bugs - it takes time to release an update with tiny bugs that don't affect many people. (All software has bugs, but bricking a phone [4.3 on the S3], or a memory leak in 3GB [LolliFlop], just isn't acceptable. Would you buy a car if only 3 of the wheels actually turned? Or would you rather wait until they got that "little bug" worked out? [Remember Toyota and the brake pedal that didn't actually stop the car? Just a little bug, right?])
    04-03-2015 05:22 PM
    If you're rooted, any app running as root can write anything to anywhere. Or you can give the user everyone full access to the card, then any app can write to any folder. No need for the LolliFlop flea circus to use the SD card.

As for the update, 5.0-5.0.2 have the memory leak bug. If Verizon is waiting for test results on their version of 5.1, good for them. Anyone can release bugs - it takes time to release an update with tiny bugs that don't affect many people. (All software has bugs, but bricking a phone [4.3 on the S3], or a memory leak in 3GB [LolliFlop], just isn't acceptable. Would you buy a car if only 3 of the wheels actually turned? Or would you rather wait until they got that "little bug" worked out? [Remember Toyota and the brake pedal that didn't actually stop the car? Just a little bug, right?])
    I've read that Samsung addressed the bug in that their TouchWiz replaces the part of the OS that had the memory leak bug. I don't know if that's true but I can say that my Note 3 and Note 4 have been seemingly irrevocably stable and trouble-free since receiving Lollipop a week and a half ago. I also let a G3 audition with me (sadly, it didn't make the team though) and it had Lollipop. In the week+ that I had it, if it had a memory leak or any other issues, it wasn't one that was tangible to me. I simply wanted something else.

None of the Lollipop devices I've had/have have had any tangible performance, stability, or battery issues. I'm one of those extremely rare ones with absolutely nothing to complain about with Lollipop.
    04-03-2015 06:25 PM
    This is my question. Does this 5+ update really have any productivity value? I honestly cannot see it.

I have 4.4.4 on my Note 3 VZW and it is flawless in my usage. Notifications and multitask are no more intuitive, if even equal IMO. Not seeing a real reason to leave the KNOWN for the UNKNOWN when the update comes available.
    I am not sure what you mean by productivity value but on my Verizon Note 4 it brought back the use of the extSD card for storing both data and programs, it added HD phone (i.e. VoLTE), a cleaner more colorful UI, smoother and faster phone screens over KitKat, an improved KNOX and security. This is what I have seen in having the 5.0.1 update for only a day. I have found no issues on my Note 4 at this time. But I would echo the recommendation of many, when you update do a factory reset to get the best performance of the new OS.
    04-05-2015 03:17 PM
    I've read that Samsung addressed the bug in that their TouchWiz replaces the part of the OS that had the memory leak bug. I don't know if that's true but I can say that my Note 3 and Note 4 have been seemingly irrevocably stable and trouble-free since receiving Lollipop a week and a half ago. I also let a G3 audition with me (sadly, it didn't make the team though) and it had Lollipop. In the week+ that I had it, if it had a memory leak or any other issues, it wasn't one that was tangible to me. I simply wanted something else.

None of the Lollipop devices I've had/have have had any tangible performance, stability, or battery issues. I'm one of those extremely rare ones with absolutely nothing to complain about with Lollipop.
    So you have Lollipop on your Note 3 Verizon already??
    04-07-2015 03:49 PM
    So you have Lollipop on your Note 3 Verizon already??
    Na, no Verizon for me any more. All my devices are AT&T.

🔊sub bass radiation is an important comfort food 🎧 n.3
    04-07-2015 04:58 PM
    Na, no Verizon for me any more. All my devices are AT&T.

Why?
    04-07-2015 05:00 PM
    Why?
    AT&T not only has great service but they also have all the devices I want.

04-07-2015 05:20 PM
    No dif. Tmobile better but bad reception
    04-07-2015 06:19 PM
    That's what I heard. Jan. Feb. May?
    Lollipop for Verizon Note 3 is out NOW.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk
    04-15-2015 03:36 PM
    Lollipop for Verizon Note 3 is out NOW.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk
    I just took mine!! So far so good!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    04-15-2015 08:53 PM
    Updated as well. Waiting to see how it goes. Have to get used to some cosmetic changes. Like having access to SD card functionality back. However, I do miss accessing shortcuts to my most used apps from lock screen.

from "Ms Note 3"
    04-15-2015 08:57 PM
46 12