Problem with Samsung Email

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
In order to get notifications with body of email on my gear watch I have synced my gmail in imap of samsung email. At 4 this morning it stopped working. I checked my gmail settings on my computer and imap is still enabled. No matter what I do now even though it always worked before gmail will not sync on my samsung stock email. All I could think of was to delete the gmail imap account in samsung email and start it again in case it got jammed up somehow. As before I set up gmail within samsung email by choosing "other" as email type. I entered my gmail addy and password but keep getting unable to contact server notice. I also tried setting it up under manual settings and choosing imap with same result. My gmail app is working fine and I am still receiving gmail there. My corporate account within samsung stock email is also working fine.

Can anyone help me with this. It may sound minor but it is so convenient getting gmail body to read on my gear watch. If you select gmail under watch notifications all you get is a notice you have received gmail not the body. Any account within samsung stock email you get the message body in the watch.

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried again? It sounds like it might have been a temporary glitch with GMail's servers. I'm assuming you're not using the Android Wear watch, right? Because if you are, the GMail app itself should allow you to read the whole body of the message (actually the stock E-Mail app doesn't, which sucks :( )

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No I have gear watch. Just the opposite on samsung gear watch. Only can read the body of samsung mail app email and sms. Ive tried repeatedly. Keep getting that message. Now I wish I didn't delete it. Maybe if I left it alone it would have come back on its own.

Has anybody set up gmail on samsung stock mail app lately? Feel like doing me a favor and trying just to see if its just my problem or everyones?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I just tried with mine and it is connecting :(
Have you checked that IMAP is enabled for your account? If you go to GMail on your browser, click the Gear icon, select Settings, go to the FORWARDING AND POP/IMAP. Check that IMAP is enabled.

PS: There is a Gear Watch that runs Android Wear, that's why I was asking :) The Gear Live.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No I have original gear but I am happy with it and it cost too much to just get rid of it. It used to get gmail body 6 months ago but some update ruined it.

My gmail settings were correct.

I finally got it working by clearing system cache then going through setup again. This time it worked but it took a good 10 minutes before mail appeared in inbox. 10 minutes is a long time to sit there and fret. If this happens again I'll know to clear system cache as step 1 in trouble shooting.

Thanks for your help. This kind of stuff is why people like iphones.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, glad you got it working. And yeah, iPhones are more 'simple' to debug, but believe me, they're not bug free like people want to believe. Just last week it was impossible to open Hangouts for a bunch of people, and this was with no update at all! Keyboards act all funky on the new iOS (yes, even after all those patches they still suck), Fandango crashes 2 out of 5 times, Yelp! isn't the most stable thing either, and at least on mine, the 'quick access' bar at the bottom randomly decides to become transparent and doesn't let you do anything until you reboot.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Good to know but no danger of me ever going to iphone. I just wish my phone weren't so locked down against mods.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995