Hey all. Just updated to lollipop. Everytime I try to use the stock Internet browser, it crashes and I get an error stating that "unfortunately, Internet has stopped working". Any suggestions? Or anyone else experiencing this? I've already wiped wiped cache partition from recovery and am extremely hesitant to do a master reset(I'm a lazy SOB) I'm completely stock and unrooted. Any insight and/or assistance would be much appreciated!
    04-24-2015 01:17 AM
    If you're ok with losing any saved bookmarks, go to the App Manager, select Internet, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now try again.

If that doesn't help, then try Safe Mode to see if it's a 3rd party app that's responsible: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11473
    04-24-2015 01:38 AM
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, none of those option were successful Any other suggestions? Or am I going to have to put on my big boy pants and master reset my phone?
    04-30-2015 06:40 PM
    It was suggested by someone to uninstall updates on the "Android webview" app in app manager and don't reinstall it until the reviews get better...It seems to be causing crashes of many apps as well as browser...couldn't hue to try. You can always just reinstall the updates if that's not the problem.
    04-30-2015 07:34 PM
    I have no issues with the Internet on my notes browser... you know CHOME? Why would anyone use the stock browser, it's been junk for years. I am actually upset you can't disable it, and disable the stock email app. Errr. I don't use either, and in kitkat you could disable them both... at least I can still disable the stock sms app. I just don't understand why anyone would use non-google apps vs Samsung apps. By all means, the os was developed to work with Google stack apps, not the 2.3 froyo open source apps. I don't want to hear that because it's a Samsung that you need Samsung apps to work... I disable all that I can (s-voice, s-find, ect. ) if Google has their own app for that, if Sammy will allow it to be disabled. I don't use the stock clock, there is no setting that allows the alarm to go longer that 3 minutes. I use clock L for my alarm app. I use chronus for my clock and and calendar because it allows me to select the tap actions I want like Google calendar or clock L for clock settings. Mostly I like TouchWiz but some apps just are not up to speed with the correct options. I cannot stand a widget that doesn't let me resize or use the service I want (stock weather goes to Web version of accu weather) when of course weather bug is my weather app. I want to tell my phone what I want it to do. It's my choice. Here is my 5.0 home screen...

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails "Internet has stopped working"  on stock browser since lollipop-screenshot_2015-05-02-22-23-44.jpg  
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
    05-02-2015 10:28 PM
    My dialer goes to landscape but I don't use a dock. Is it only when you dock it that it doesn't?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails "Internet has stopped working"  on stock browser since lollipop-screenshot_2015-05-03-09-11-14.jpg  
    05-03-2015 09:18 AM