Hello everyone, I have *not* check marked the settings in my wifi settings to scan for wifi when opening apps. However underneath that I can see it is continuously scanning because there is a circle going around constantly with the words "scanning" to the left of it. My data is going to go through the roof here very shortly. Is there someplace else I can turn this off?

Thanks!
    05-20-2015 04:53 AM
    Hello everyone, I have *not* check marked the settings in my wifi settings to scan for wifi when opening apps. However underneath that I can see it is continuously scanning because there is a circle going around constantly with the words "scanning" to the left of it. My data is going to go through the roof here very shortly. Is there someplace else I can turn this off?

Thanks!
    When my WiFi is connected I have the spinning circle/scanning message off and on, almost constantly. It has not affected or driven up my data at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"
    05-20-2015 07:44 AM
    Thanks. I never noticed it doing this before. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
    05-20-2015 12:36 PM

Thanks!
    06-11-2015 12:40 PM
    Mine is doing that with my new Netgear dual band router. I've heard of people assign bands to different devices but my 5G doesn't want to connect.
    I did live chat with Netgear and we did some router re configuration but it seems all devices work well except my Samsung note 3 and one of our Samsung tablets... any suggestions?
    06-11-2015 12:43 PM