Wow, I'm so behind the times. I didn't know that Lollipop came out back in April. Part of the reason is that I never got a notification, and now, even if I try to search for the update, I don't get it. I've tried all the old tricks: force stop google framework, even tried a system cache flush. nothing happens. My phone just says:

System update history:
    Last attempt to Update Software:
    update_SM-N900V_NJ6_to_NK1
    Result: Wi-Fi Connection Terminated, 555
    11:27 PM 01/15/2015

(twice)

then, there's the button for Check new software update. I click it, and it says:

Your SAMSUNG SM-N900V is up to date. Your device configuration has been updated. No update to software is necessary at this time.

But I'm still on 4.4.4, Baseband version: N900VVRUDNJ6, Build number KTU84P.N900VVRUDNJ6

I'm afraid to call Verizon b/c I used the best buy loophole to get this phone at new contract price but keep unlimited data.

Any suggestions? Any chance I could call verzion and get them to swap this for a Galaxy S6???
    06-22-2015 07:46 PM
    Just take it to best buy and have them update it for you.

It doesn't make sense for you to say you're afraid to call verizon to get your software updated but that you want to call them to try to make them give you a new phone....
    06-22-2015 08:48 PM
    Wow, I'm so behind the times. I didn't know that Lollipop came out back in April. Part of the reason is that I never got a notification, and now, even if I try to search for the update, I don't get it. I've tried all the old tricks: force stop google framework, even tried a system cache flush. nothing happens. My phone just says:

System update history:

(twice)

then, there's the button for Check new software update. I click it, and it says:

Your SAMSUNG SM-N900V is up to date. Your device configuration has been updated. No update to software is necessary at this time.

But I'm still on 4.4.4, Baseband version: N900VVRUDNJ6, Build number KTU84P.N900VVRUDNJ6

I'm afraid to call Verizon b/c I used the best buy loophole to get this phone at new contract price but keep unlimited data.

Any suggestions? Any chance I could call verzion and get them to swap this for a Galaxy S6???
    If you are smart, stick with what you have, you're not missing anything!!
    I would take the NK1 (best my phone ever ran....4.4.4 NK1)!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"
    Wayne Sanders likes this.
    06-22-2015 10:57 PM
    YOU DON'T WANT TO UPDATE... STAY AS LONG AS YOU CAN.

Lollipop 5.0 is a huge battery drain and it freezes alot.

I don't want get other apps to monitor battery life, why should i have to if it was just fine before. I left Apple for something better, may have to go back if thiing don't improve in SAMSUNG camp.

jgut217
    Wayne Sanders and Jalopiejoe like this.
    06-23-2015 11:44 AM

System update history:

(twice)

No on swapping. Verizon doesn't care where or how you got the phone, as long as they see it's not rooted, they'll assist you.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk
    06-27-2015 02:18 PM
    If you really want to do it yourself, you can download OB6 (vzw lollipop) and flash it with Odin.

Reply and I'll link you, I don't have the article near me atm

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-27-2015 10:18 PM
    If you are smart, stick with what you have, you're not missing anything!!
    I would take the NK1 (best my phone ever ran....4.4.4 NK1)!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"
    Amen!

Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App
    06-29-2015 03:22 PM
    Having the same problem...no update on Verizon. Just got a Note 3 used off eBay.
    07-20-2015 07:59 PM