Frustrated. Why is my default browser not my default browser?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I have Chrome selected as my default browser. So why when I open a video ( I open most of my videos from Facebook) its not opening in Chrome? Many videos won't play in the browser that opens. I still have to select the option to open in Chrome from the top right dropdown options in order to get the video to play.

Thanks!

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I found an option for links to open externally but not specifically the browser. Is that what you were referring to?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Also remember, some videos, even on the mobile site, are Flash, and Chrome doesn't do Flash so the video won't play. (If you don't have Flash Player version 11.1 installed [not just downloaded, but you have to tap it to install it] you'll need to use a browser that can play Flash by itself, otherwise you can use Atlas (not many features, but fast), Dolphin, Firefox and a few others (but not Chrome or Internet).

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was only the default browser that didn't play flash? That's why I installed Chrome. So far Chrome has played every video where the default browser that popped up did not.