metropcs wont work on note 3 from verizon

A

AC Question

Hi everyone,so i bought a samsung note 3 from a buddy of mine at work. So im not good at phones but i have tried many different ways on the internet. I tried both global and the gsm option and both t-mobile and metropcs apn. It works when i restart it for about one second but then says no service and the popup that states that the sim is not from verizon. It doesnt ask for that network unlock code with my sim so i dont think its locked. I called verizon and they say they can't help me since its an old phone now. If anyone can help,id really appreciate it!! Thank you

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,so i bought a samsung note 3 from a buddy of mine at work. So im not good at phones but i have tried many different ways on the internet. I tried both global and the gsm option and both t-mobile and metropcs apn. It works when i restart it for about one second but then says no service and the popup that states that the sim is not from verizon. It doesnt ask for that network unlock code with my sim so i dont think its locked. I called verizon and they say they can't help me since its an old phone now. If anyone can help,id really appreciate it!! Thank you

Welcome to Android Central!

It could be that the Note 3 for Verizon just does not support the base-bands that are in your area for Metro and T-Mobile.