04-07-2013 11:48 AM
31 12
tools
    This very thread topic says it all, Verizon is last, last, last when it comes to announcing anything, releasing it or updating it. Having the best network means very little if you are always late to the party, and leave your customers waiting around for months. I am stepping over the aisle.
    04-06-2013 05:18 PM
    This very thread topic says it all, Verizon is last, last, last when it comes to announcing anything, releasing it or updating it. Having the best network means very little if you are always late to the party, and leave your customers waiting around for months. I am stepping over the aisle.
    I am not saying Verizon has not failed in the past but as a now almost 2 year customer of Verizon wireless they have never failed me,i love both my smartphones,maybe your personal experiences with them has not been great but by their customer base i would most are satisfied with them.
    04-06-2013 11:17 PM
    I have been on Verizon for over 15 years and while the service has been great pretty much all the time its the delays on device launches, updates (Galaxy Nexus), I mean a Nexus is supposed to get it right away and yet Verizon holds up the software update for months while they test it. They could have allowed Google access to the CDMA portion they needed but they refuse to.

I am moving to AT&T more for the flexibility of devices, getting what I want when I want and without delay and as a user who does root, tweak, and runs custom ROMs I want more options. I will still have data devices on Verizon for the coverage but when it comes to phones I would prefer to get what they OEM Mfg designed it to be and not what Verizon deemed acceptable for us users. Take the iPhone for example, Apple has complete control and look how efficiently its done. No bloatware, HotSpot easy to access, no WiFi turn on feature sitting in a drop down menu, updates rollout immediately to every phone on every carrier regardless. When Verizon is allowed the full control we see the real side. If Verizon would be more forthcoming on devices, launches and updates I would be staying, but they don't so I am not.
    paul-c likes this.
    04-07-2013 10:13 AM
    I am moving to AT&T more for the flexibility of devices
    This is exactly why I left Verizon for AT&T and didn't look back. Not long into my Verizon contract, I found myself asking the same question as the OP about a lot of different phones. Wasn't a fun game to play, so I left.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend P1
    04-07-2013 10:58 AM
    I couldn't agree more. Coverage is one part of the equation, and honestly AT&T's coverage is on par with Verizon's plus you have a world phone when you need a world phone instead of waiting for Verizon to push a software update to allow your phone to work on GSM, or beg for unlocking overseas use. I don't travel internationally but having the ability to pop a SIM in if I needed to without wondering is nice.
    04-07-2013 11:47 AM
    id say you guys should have it on verizon by june.

- - - Updated - - -

This is exactly why I left Verizon for AT&T and didn't look back. Not long into my Verizon contract, I found myself asking the same question as the OP about a lot of different phones. Wasn't a fun game to play, so I left.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend P1
    same here, gsm is the way to go, more options.
    04-07-2013 11:48 AM
31 12