04-07-2013 10:48 AM
31 12
tools
    Figured id get it started. how much longer then other releases (i say june) and what features will be crippled. I know the s3 we (verizon users) got lucky with a leak.
    03-14-2013 07:01 PM
    Figured id get it started. how much longer then other releases (i say june) and what features will be crippled. I know the s3 we (verizon users) got lucky with a leak.
    I am also guessing mid-June... if we're lucky.
    03-15-2013 12:59 AM
    Who cares? Snatch that Gs2 and end it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    03-15-2013 01:01 AM
    I would guess after last year's mess, all carriers will release the phone at the same time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    03-15-2013 06:57 AM
    Anyone want to bet on the Verizon logo being stamped on the home button like the Note 2?

It would be nice for all of them to release at the same time but I'm also betting on June, which would actually work better for me to hold off my own buying impulses till after Google I/O. I'm very curious to see if Motorola will announce anything during that time or not.
    03-15-2013 07:04 AM
    Given Google's comments about the Motorola pipeline being full for some time to come I wouldn't bet on a new Motorola device any time soon.

Anyone want to bet on the Verizon logo being stamped on the home button like the Note 2?

It would be nice for all of them to release at the same time but I'm also betting on June, which would actually work better for me to hold off my own buying impulses till after Google I/O. I'm very curious to see if Motorola will announce anything during that time or not.
    03-15-2013 08:56 AM
    If it has a damn logo Im gonna put a sticker on it. It also better come out in the end of april like announced
    03-15-2013 09:15 AM
    Logo is annoying but doesn't bother me on my note 2. But is UK launch is end of April it's gonna be a while.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-15-2013 09:33 AM
    Given Google's comments about the Motorola pipeline being full for some time to come I wouldn't bet on a new Motorola device any time soon.
    Oh, I'm not getting my hopes high for anything but if that leaked Moto device is any indication of the direction they're going then I'm certainly excited for the end of the year at least. If anything else, I/O should unveil the direction Android will be taking at which point I may wait more patiently for a new device by Google at years end (Nexus or otherwise). For the moment, however, the SIV seems to be the top phone to get on Verizon's network whenever its released.
    03-15-2013 10:01 AM
    I want to know what price it will be OFF contract. Keeping my unlimited .
    Stevez48, LdotAdot13 and KJ78 like this.
    03-15-2013 01:25 PM
    Why is there no announcement about a Verizon Galaxy S4 yet? All the other carriers have already announced it....
    03-15-2013 01:31 PM
    the US will get in in may and verizon probably in june. that's what im thinking. It's a certainty the UK will get this phone first as usual.
    03-15-2013 01:43 PM
    I'm going to keep my eye out for Verizon to come up with an ending to their unlimited plans. Those on unlimited are also the highest data uses (abusers) and Verizon will either just end it of find a way to force you off of it. Even though they said people can keep it I believe they're going to find some way to get the last unlimited data plans shut down (JMHO - no inside info).
    03-15-2013 02:00 PM
    I'm guessing the typical $700.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    03-15-2013 03:02 PM

No way it would be that much.
    03-15-2013 03:05 PM

No way. It will be $699 at the most.
    03-15-2013 04:57 PM
    Since it has the rectangle Note 2 style button, it will probably get that dumb logo (which honestly doesn't bother me on my Note 2 in day to day use. It just makes me think "WTF were they thinking" when I think about it though). They will probably remove the IR Blaster too.
    03-15-2013 05:03 PM
    Out of curiosity... why does UK usually get Samsung phones or any phones for that matter first? Is it just their chips are easily produced to match the GSM network out there? Or is there some behind-the-scenes deal that the Americas are not a part of?

Also Verizon confirmed they'll get it via Twitter, I believe. And since Sprint said Quarter 3, I imagine Verizon is May or June. Sorry i don't have any links, just been reading a lot of articles lately.
    03-15-2013 05:38 PM
    I'm going to keep my eye out for Verizon to come up with an ending to their unlimited plans. Those on unlimited are also the highest data uses (abusers) and Verizon will either just end it of find a way to force you off of it. Even though they said people can keep it I believe they're going to find some way to get the last unlimited data plans shut down (JMHO - no inside info).
    They don't even need to "find a way" -- once your contract is expired, and you are going "month to month" (which I'm pretty sure almost everyone with unlimited data is at this point), Verizon can change the terms of the deal at any time. Currently, they are allowing folks with unlimited contracts to continue them, albeit without allowing subsidized phone upgrades...but they don't *have* to, after all, the contract is expired. They can just as easily tell you that your service will be discontinued if you don't renew on a tiered plan.

I don't know if it's a huge deal for them. I'm still on unlimited, and plan to stay that way as long as I can, but I honestly don't usually use a ton of data and don't consider myself an abuser -- my monthly data usually ranges anywhere from 2GB to 10GB. I would think that at some point the number of unlimited users will be pretty small, and those that are still on grandfathered plans need to pay full price for phones to keep them, so Verizon gets a chunk of money back by not having to subsidize the phone (yet still charging the same monthly rate as those with subsidized phones). Eventually they probably will shut these grandfathered accounts down...I'm just not sure it will be any time *real* soon. We'll see I guess.

Why is there no announcement about a Verizon Galaxy S4 yet? All the other carriers have already announced it....
    They did on Twitter last night...
    https://twitter.com/VZWnews/status/312347212426383360

No way it would be that much.
    The S3 was $699 for the 16GB, so yeah, that's a good guess, and there is definitely "a way it would be that much"!
    03-15-2013 06:39 PM
    I am going to wait until Google I/O and see if Google shows the the Motorola X. I am eligible for upgrade in mid-July but I will be paying full price to keep unlimited data plan. Since I will be paying full price I want a phone that will give me best bang for the buck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    03-15-2013 06:48 PM
    I've very interested to find out what Google is going to announce at I/O. I love the ability to flash any ROM without a second though on my GNex but the hardware is really starting to lag behind.
    03-16-2013 01:27 AM
    The S3 was $699 for the 16GB, so yeah, that's a good guess, and there is definitely "a way it would be that much"!
    I don't know what Verizon store you purchased from, but the 16GB GS3 from Verizon corporate stores and Verizon online was $599.99 and the 32GB variant was $649.99. So I must agree with previous posters that there's no way a base model is going to be $699.99. The GN2 from Verizon is $699.99, but the GS3 never was.
    03-16-2013 03:50 AM
    I believe pricing will also be similar to the s3 at 599 and 649 (16 and 32). As far as plans I am unlimited so I pay full price for phones all the time. I also have a a discount on my data plan making it too cheap to leave them. I almost wish at times they would kick me off ETF free so I can go GSM. Verizon has gone downhill atleast here in NYC (data wise). Inconsistent. I do think do speed tests anymore as its not real world test. I'm saying loading pages sometimes lags and just overall their LTE is over rated (again NYC) outside the city moat other places I go verizon is best.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-16-2013 06:02 AM
    I don't know what Verizon store you purchased from, but the 16GB GS3 from Verizon corporate stores and Verizon online was $599.99 and the 32GB variant was $649.99. So I must agree with previous posters that there's no way a base model is going to be $699.99. The GN2 from Verizon is $699.99, but the GS3 never was.
    You're right...
    03-16-2013 09:21 AM
    I actually just read an article that it will be $579.99 or that is the target. $600 -$650 is my ballpark max. Makes it hard to justify more than that.

As far as unlimited contracts, my rezound is only a year old next month, so I'm under contract for another full year. They ended unlimted plan subsidies last year around June, so anyone who preordered the S3 was allowed to KEEP their unlimited AND got the phone with a subsidy. So VZW has another year from June before they can start eliminating their unlimited plans....if they even do that. Most of their users aren't really blinking at taking the upgrades because most won't pay $600 for a phone. For me and my plan with 4 phones, just to share 1gb of data on a shared plan will cost $10 more than what I already pay. So no way will I ever come off what I have unless forced to, and when that happens, I say goodbye to big red.
    03-21-2013 04:54 PM
31 12