The manager at Verizon corporate store says Verizon will skip the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the HTC One

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The manager at Verizon corporate store says Verizon will skip the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the HTC One.

I got into an argument with him... but he kept insisting that he was right. He's worked at the same Verizon corporate store for 11+ years.(and I've known him for 6 of those years)

I sure hope he is just plain wrong. :)

That whole response to me seems like a load of crap. A cell company not carrying a flagship device with high marketshare? A loose analogy would be a Ford dealer not stocking Mustangs or a Chevy dealer not stocking Camaros/Corvettes. I agree with another post that says you should make a bet with him if he still insists on the point of them not carrying either phone. He gives you a free one if they do, you give X amount of money if they don't. But don't expect him to hold to his word if he takes the bet.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Vzw is gettin the one also.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

The HTC One will be the Droid DNA + and it will not be anything like the nice aluminum One we see on every other carrier. Sad to say but Verizon wants it their way and that means you don't get it your way.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The HTC One will be the Droid DNA + and it will not be anything like the nice aluminum One we see on every other carrier. Sad to say but Verizon wants it their way and that means you don't get it your way.
I Have the Droid DNA and am very pleased with it,simply gorgeous 5 inch display,and handles everything i throw at it.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could have said the same about my Thunderbolt, glad to be rid of that phone long ago.
HTC and Verizon have come a long way since the Thunderbolt,just like Samsung has come a long way since S2.i am so glad i held out going with Verizon and leaving pre paid behind when i did,only 4 months till i can upgrade my rezound and it still works great,and i am pretty sure my DNA will also go the distance.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree HTC has come back from the old days of the Thunderbolt, but the issue with the HTC One is the UI, its just doesn't work for me, sealed battery non-expandable memory I want options and flexibility. Ideally I want a GS4 with 64GB and microSD card support.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well, I like to keep my entire music library with me that's about 16GB, Podcasts about another 18GB, take photo's, video's, have some of my 470 movies on my phone. Now if that 1TB microSD is available at a reasonable price I would take my entire iTunes library which sits at about 585GB. It would be nice.

Besides you can never have too much storage and if you have it you will use it and find ways to use it.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, I like to keep my entire music library with me that's about 16GB, Podcasts about another 18GB, take photo's, video's, have some of my 470 movies on my phone. Now if that 1TB microSD is available at a reasonable price I would take my entire iTunes library which sits at about 585GB. It would be nice.

Besides you can never have too much storage and if you have it you will use it and find ways to use it.

off topic but i see in your sig your selling your iphone 5. put it on ebay and or craigslist. you will easily get 550+ for that thing.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
yeah, but most people don't need near that much and would rather have a cheaper phone so I can't see this in a phone, a phablet, yes, but not a phone.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
off topic but i see in your sig your selling your iphone 5. put it on ebay and or craigslist. you will easily get 550+ for that thing.
Do you know what you could get for a 16GB iPhone 4S in mint condition, international GSM unlocked? I can go look myself, but if you know for some reason, that would save me some research time.

halmo20

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
What on earth do you need that much internal/external storage for?

I can think of many scenarios where you would need that much storage.. But for me, I have 32gb on board and 64 external on my gs3 and they are about 80 percent full each. I for one travel a lot and having all my music, photos, documents, and movies on local storage is "A MUST". Try streaming Netflix or even Google music on gogo in flight... You'll know what I mean. We're just not there yet where everyone can store everything in the cloud and stream everything all the time...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It will still take Verizon a month to unload stock before they do anything. Still no official word on the launch on Verizon and no word on pricing. Sorry I am set on moving to AT&T for my GS4.