Verizon Galaxy S4 - Cleared FCC

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is never first and is always last. Not to mention they will likely pawn the 16GB version off on us intially and then roll out a 32GB version. I have to question what Samsung is doing and why they don't hammer the carriers with offering the higher capacity devices. I would pay more and pre-order it.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Verizon is never first and is always last. Not to mention they will likely pawn the 16GB version off on us intially and then roll out a 32GB version. I have to question what Samsung is doing and why they don't hammer the carriers with offering the higher capacity devices. I would pay more and pre-order it.

Whichphones did Verizon get later?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Every time there has been a major multi-carrier phone release Verizon has been historically last, GS1, GS3, GS4 (without much doubt) there are of course the standard re-branding of any HTC device so they can be special. Plus there is the typical delays for carrier certification, to which I can partially be happy they do but yet wonder how phones get out with so many bugs and issues.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
So they got the Note 2 later, is that the only one?

The S3 was delayed on all carriers due to supply issues. They all got the phone within a week or two of each other. Saying Verizon is always late with phone releases is bogus. Software on the other hand, that's a completely different story.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Shall we look at Verizon's Android tablet releases as well compared to everyone else. The bottom line is Verizon gimps a devices features, delays the phone until all other carriers have theirs "due to their stringent testing" which is spot on to what they always say and finally they will not take the phone on and instead make a one off that is again gimped and late compared to others. The network IS the only thing they have going for them and lately its not that great. My LTE speeds in my market are a friggin joke. Try speeds in 5-6Mbps down and maybe .5-1.5Mbps up and I don't live in the outskirts of a metro market, this is in the heart of their LTE signal. Other markets fare better.

On AT&T while the LTE is not as prevalent in my market I can at least fall back to their (4G HSDPA) which is their enhanced back haul 3G which is still faster than Verizons LTE and definitely faster than their 3G in my market.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non